Well, I dove in and mildly prepped an '01 ZX3. I've run 2 events with Midwestern Council this year. So far, so good. Not a front runner, but it still has a lot of ITA legal mods left to go (i.e. diff and final drive). Not to mention the engine is virtually stock with 117k on it and personally, I'm not the best driver to begin with. I still need more seat time... Who doesn't???

Spec Focus is not a good way to go. From the rules I've read and debated over with the SF Director, IMHO it's definitely a step below ITA. I talked with the SF Director extensively at the SEMA show last November and was not impressed with the direction of the class. They want it to be a step up from auto-crossing, acting as a steping stone into the W2W world of road racing. There are too many things to list in one post.

The rules can be found here:
http://www.nasaproracing.com/rules/Spec-Focus.pdf

Anyways, I don't plan on beating any Honda's anytime soon, but it drives sooooooooooooo much better than my old first gen Integra... Upgrade!

FYI: most of the Foci owners are auto-crossers. I'm one of only a handful of W2W racers on the Focaljet.

Bottom line, I'm very optimistic about the future.

[attachmentid=546]