Alliance--no LeCar.

Alliance holds ITC track record at Nelson.
[/b]

The LeCar was slower than our 1.4 Alliance and that ITC record that's been mentioned is almost certainly the 1.7 OHC engine version, that had like 20 hp more than the 1.4 pushrod engine from the factory. (Remember that "20" in this case means about 30%.)

K
[/b]

Work kept me from the Savanah school in 2004, so we took the x1/9 to Nelson Ledges that year. There was a guy there that had rented out 1 or 2 Alliance's. They were marginally cometetive on Saturday, I was all over them in the back/middle of the pack in the Fiat. Then come Sunday... they were leading the run group! It bugged the $#!% out of me until I pulled the book out on the ride home and discovered the displacement advantage these cars had over everything else. Then someone later reminded me of the Spec Renault series, and I put 2 and 2 together.

Yes, I think the 1.7L cars can be kick ass ITC rides... but why? If I was going to build a new IT car I wouldn't consider a 20+ yo chassis with limited parts availability. I would choose something that I could get parts for at the Auto Zone. It's also not a lot more expensive to build a ITB car or perhaps even an entry into ITA.

I speak from experience. Both my Fiat and yes my Honda had things about them that were a PITA when it came to parts availability. But then again, I'm sure there are a few Mustang parts that are hard to come by?