its funny though... those rated are like completly opposite what I would have thought would work on these cars.... go figure. I was planning on stiffening the rear to get the car to rotate more.[/b]
I know what you mean. I talked with another racer running a coupe (quite successfully) and he had his setup somewhat opposite. He had very stiff springs in the rear (800# or so), a rear sway and then 450-500# fronts with a stock front bar. He also dialed in quite a bit of toe_OUT in the rear by shimming. I believe he was aiming for rotation as well. He was pretty quick and did well, so I guess you can say there's more than one way to skin a cat. I'd say he's counting on the sway bar to make up for his spring rate in the front.

Raymond and I talked about the rear spring rates and based on their experience, it seems as though having super heavy rear springs might cause problems on less than smooth tracks. He'll have to fill you in more. As for me, I like a bit of rotation in the sharper turns, but I'm not 100% comfortable with a lot of oversteer / on-the -edge handling when track conditions are less than ideal. Maybe I'll get used to it and dial it up later. I do know that RST's setup works...after last weekend, I'm convinced of the improvement.

This reminds me of the classic VW debate about this same subject... big rear bar, no front bar, monster spring rates etc. Tons of debate on this on the vortex. It's somewhat personal preference and trial /error. Unfortunately, unless you can do a lot of open track days, HDPE's or practice sessions, the trial and error can add up to be pretty expensive.

swapping with my 4ktq when I get back east as it has spherical bearing control arm bushings and I loved how those felt on the track.[/b]
Wow...I'd love to see pics of those... I'm assuming that's legal as well.
>>I guess ill pass on the ss brake lines for now as well.... just upgrade the pads[/b]
I'd say the stainless lines are a pretty good upgrade. I think the pedal feel increases quite a bit. I've heard though that it's a good idea to keep an eye on the stainless lines since they don't have quite the kink resistance that DOT rubber lines do. Perhaps it'd be a good item to replace every so often. I'm running some Mintex pads on mine now and I really like them... I'm bummed I have to run rear drums (per the rules change of a few years ago), but all said, the car has good brakes.

Best of luck... post some pics!