Thread: Swirl Control Valve...

This is mostly for the DE crowd (and I think the SCV is only on the S13) - er....maybe crowd is the wrong word to use.... But anyone give me your vote.

Anyway, there's a metric ton of stupid rubber and metal vac lines to run the FPR and the SCV. Does anyone have an opinion as to whether the SCV can be considered an emissions control device, and therefore hardwire it open (it's default mode). I don't think I'd remove it completely (it's easier to leave it in than to plug the holes it causes).

It would allow me to cleanup a lot of the messy vac lines, and to remove the silly electric vac solenoids from the back of the head.

And when you've been pulling motors and heads as often as I have been recently - it'll really be nice....

Thoughts???

Thanks!
    joe
    #13 ITS S13 Nissan 240SX

This is mostly for the DE crowd (and I think the SCV is only on the S13) - er....maybe crowd is the wrong word to use.... But anyone give me your vote.

Anyway, there's a metric ton of stupid rubber and metal vac lines to run the FPR and the SCV. Does anyone have an opinion as to whether the SCV can be considered an emissions control device, and therefore hardwire it open (it's default mode). I don't think I'd remove it completely (it's easier to leave it in than to plug the holes it causes).

It would allow me to cleanup a lot of the messy vac lines, and to remove the silly electric vac solenoids from the back of the head.

And when you've been pulling motors and heads as often as I have been recently - it'll really be nice....
    Thoughts???

Thanks!
    joe
    [/b]
    I have all of these parts taken off of my 93 DE. Car runs great for a stock motor (swam in Katrina water for a month). All of the drift guys take everything off and most run turbos. I do not know if we are allowed to take the parts off, but I will make you some blockoff plates if it is leagal. That is how I pluged all the holes in my motor.
    Carver

Car Prep, Rentals and full builds.
    Details at http://www.ChrisCarverMotorSports.com