Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Topeka in July

Bud had that sucker wrapped up so tight, it was better than new! It looks kinda cool too. He was joking that the amount of tape he used cost more than the part is new! Apparently around $10/foot for "Boeing spec" what ever that means. :P
    You guys are trying to forcast the weather this far out? By this weekend, the forcast will probably call for snow! Maybe I&#39;m just too used to St. Louis weather. <_<
    [/b]
    Topeka in July is just hot, I don&#39;t think that we have ever been to this race and seen the temperature lower than 90.

That&#39;s how I like it so I am okay.
    Jennifer Rudder

PFM Racing

Good news for you! They just increased Sunday&#39;s high temp to 99, too!

I&#39;m thinkin&#39; about hanging a window A/C unit out of the passenger side of the 7...
    Jim Stevens

Topeka in July is just hot, I don&#39;t think that we have ever been to this race and seen the temperature lower than 90.

That&#39;s how I like it so I am okay.
    [/b]
    lets just hope it doesn&#39;t rain like a couple years ago so it&#39;s insanely humid at the same time.
    Travis Nordwald
    1996 ITA Miata
    KC Region

I&#39;m thinkin&#39; about hanging a window A/C unit out of the passenger side of the 7...
    [/b]
    I&#39;m sure the IT7 guys will appreciate you adding the extra balast to slow you down!

Now if I could only convince the ITA guys to do the same!
    - Pete
    {00=[][]=00}

lets just hope it doesn&#39;t rain like a couple years ago so it&#39;s insanely humid at the same time.
    [/b]
    Yeah, that&#39;s what I like about Kansas, really terrible weather! The racing will be great though.
    Jennifer Rudder

PFM Racing

if i put header wrap around the outside of my drivers suit, will that keep the heat out?

ok seriously....someone needs to throw a couple cold ones in the cool-suit cooler while we&#39;re standing around in impound after the race.
    Travis Nordwald
    1996 ITA Miata
    KC Region

if i put header wrap around the outside of my drivers suit, will that keep the heat out?

ok seriously....someone needs to throw a couple cold ones in the cool-suit cooler while we&#39;re standing around in impound after the race.
    [/b]
    We might just be able to acomplish that.
    Jennifer Rudder

PFM Racing

Yahoo! I just registered! I can&#39;t wait!

Looks like Steve in the other BMW will be out there to kick my butt again!
    - Pete
    {00=[][]=00}

We might just be able to acomplish that.
    [/b]
    i&#39;d do it, but i don&#39;t have a cool suit, so i&#39;ll have to leave that up to someone else. i can certainly supply the beer though!
    Travis Nordwald
    1996 ITA Miata
    KC Region

i&#39;d do it, but i don&#39;t have a cool suit, so i&#39;ll have to leave that up to someone else. i can certainly supply the beer though!
    [/b]
    Man, that&#39;s what I was going to say!

Do you guys know how much elevation change there is at Heartland? I was on their website, but couldn&#39;t find it...
    - Pete
    {00=[][]=00}

holy crap was it hot.

104 ambiant on sunday, no idea what the heat index was. heard rumors of track temps near 150.

thank you all for not destroying my rear bumper after it got knocked off. i think i can reuse it after i get some new mounts.

i may or may not be at MAM in 2 weeks.
    Travis Nordwald
    1996 ITA Miata
    KC Region

Travis,

I like the look of the car without the rear bumper, I think you should leave it like that.

It is more intimidating
    Jennifer Rudder

PFM Racing

it&#39;s certainly not helping my aero, but i agree, it does send a certain message.

i at least need to fix the door so i don&#39;t have to crawl in and out of the damn thing anymore.
    Travis Nordwald
    1996 ITA Miata
    KC Region