Thread: whitch car finally

The last ever discussion about what cars to choose and why

If anyone wants to praise a certain brand name or particular car rant and rave here theres 4 classes and i want you to tell what car is trhe best and why, doesnt have to be competitive just the best in your eyes

ITA
    ITB
    ITC
    ITE

Abarth for those who dont know
    [jpg]C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\MY SHIT\Car Stuff\lancia abarth a112 race car.jpg[/jpg]

watch out ITC im coming with my beetle....in a few years JACK WENNER is my name racing cars is my game

sry for the cheesey part

1.) ITA 1.8 Miata

2.) ITB Accord

3.) ITC Civic Standard

4.) we dont have ITE in the SE so heres my ITR pick...yep E36 325IS unrestricted at 2850...although it would be a blast to blow a few bucks at an 83 911SC...
    Evan Darling
    ITR BMW 325is build started...
    SM (underfunded development program)
    SEDIV ITA Champion 2005
    sometimes racing or crewing Koni Sports Car Challenge

oh yeah i forgot ITS also sry guys
    [jpg]C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Desktop\MY SHIT\Car Stuff\lancia abarth a112 race car.jpg[/jpg]

watch out ITC im coming with my beetle....in a few years JACK WENNER is my name racing cars is my game

sry for the cheesey part

1. ITA - Mazda Cosmo Because it's there and no one races it.
    2. ITB - MGB GT Because it's there and no one races it.
    3. ITC - Yugo GV Because it's there and no one races it.
    4. ITE - (MARRS rules) there was a ugly duckling prototype looking car that was mopar 2.2 powered. Won a few "longest days" at NL and of course "no one races it."

:P

If anyone wants to praise a certain brand name or particular car rant and rave here theres 4 classes and i want you to tell what car is trhe best and why, doesnt have to be competitive just the best in your eyes

Sorted by best class then best car (I love a lot more cars on the list but tried to keep it limited to the top 5 cars per class... -no way could i restrict myself to 1 unless we are taling ITB

1. ITB

- Audi Coupe/Coupe GT... Need I say more!!! The most fun thing I have had since I was 20 or so other than a few of the girls
    - The Alfa Spider, Rick Pococks was the best looking IT Ever raced
    - The Opel GT is a crazy little thing, wold love to get a chance to race one!!!
    - The VW Golf A1/A2/A3 & Rabbit... Great affordable first car for anyone!!!
    - The Volvo 142 is so big I think I could put a matress in it and use it as a motel as well!!!

2. ITA

- The Ford Caprihas a HUge place in my history, that was my childhood and will always be my favorite!!! I should work on getting it classed in ITB so that it actually had a chance at a top 10 and so it wouldn't get lapped 3 or 4 times a race
    - The Toyota MR2 while to slow for ITA and to fast for ITB is the first car I ever raced on the track and it will always have a place in my heart.
    - The Nissan NX2000 has a bitter taste in my childhood, however after seeing Greg's I really like them and think they have LOTS of potential.
    - The Dodge Neon is a big thought in my head... why are people not racing them? I think they could kick but and they are relatively cheep I think!!!
    - The Acura Integra has always been a favorite of mine, ever since Anthony needed some competition!!! I still think it is the car for the class.

3. ITS

- The Porche 944 (s) is all time favorite... Still want to build one today
    - However the BMW 325 is still right up high on my ranks!!!
    - The Triumph TR8 has always looked like fun
    - The Merecedes Benzb 190 looks like a blast to drive, and looks really cool on the track also!!!
    - The Datson Z is a way cool car!!!

4. ITC

- The VW Bug... Would love to see someone build that!!!
    - The Datson 510 what a cool car!!!
    - The Renault Aliance just seems like it would be an interesting challenge
    - The VW Rabbit is just plain old reliable fun
    - The Honda CRX is the way to win... Go Get EM!!!

5. ITE

- The Audi Sport Short Wheelbase Coupe Quattro Turbo Rallycar would make a dam cool car!!!
    RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com

i completly agree with both of you guys (especially the odd ball cars) also when i can find one i will try my best to get a 1968 to 1977 beetle out on the track i will now list my faverouts for ITA ITB and ITC

ITA
    dodge shelby charger...a cool lookin car with shelbys name on it of course
    saab 900 16v...an oddball car which on paper doesnt look to bad
    toyota fx-16, im not usually into toyotas, but this one is pretty cool

ITB
    Plymouth Fire Arrow 2.6 liter...a cool little car with soma flare to it
    pontiac fierro...why the heck does no one race these i mean the 1988 iss onew of the best looking cars of its erra after the finally got it right
    renault alliance GTA...again a nother cool little car that is oddball
    saab900...again
    saab 99ems 2.0 liter...not to shabby

ITC
    ford cortina GT-awesome car
    RWD mazda GLC...cool daily driver to be and racer on the weekends
    Mercury LNZ-nice car inside and out
    MG midget...lightest car in all of IT if i can find an unabused one for cheap
    VW BEETLE...need i say more
    toyota corolla SR5...only twice in the toyota class because this one is so danm cool
    yugo...someone should really build one of these if they can find one

also shoutout to my dads 1980 monza spider...first real racecar ive ever seen. clean inside and out and my dad is now hot rodding out another one but with a 350 with aluminum heads New jersey car shows watch out!!!!!!!

also i think also there should be a class for all cars imported overseas...because seeing an abarth a112 would make my year

and i really dont like the kids my age who play the video games and say wow i wana race because ever since i saw my first car i knew i wanted to be involved

see ya later

sry for the cheesey part

And yes, there ISgoing to be a short-wheel base Audi in ITE one of these days....just need gas for a welder and a LEVEL platform to get started and a few other tools and we can go to town.
    A Race Junky from the Get Go......

That FX16 is now an ITB car I think...all the more reason to build one!! hmm forgot about that one!
    Evan Darling
    ITR BMW 325is build started...
    SM (underfunded development program)
    SEDIV ITA Champion 2005
    sometimes racing or crewing Koni Sports Car Challenge

1. ITA - Mazda Cosmo Because it's there and no one races it.
    4. ITE - (MARRS rules) there was a ugly duckling prototype looking car that was mopar 2.2 powered. Won a few "longest days" at NL and of course "no one races it."

:P
    [/b]
    1. Because there were like three sold - and it has no brakes (think RX4 with 200# added).
    4. That would be a Consulier.

Cool

1. Because there were like three sold - and it has no brakes (think RX4 with 200# added).
    4. That would be a Consulier.
    [/b]
    D'oh... I never looked at the model year. I was thinking of the 110S, not the later ones.

I nominate the corvair instead then.

Jack (Jaws)

Where are you located? Thanks for the vote for the Dodge Shelby Charger. I am packing mine for Mid-Ohio tomorrow!
    Bill Stevens - Mbr # 103106
    BnS Racing www.bnsracing.net
    92 ITA Saturn
    83 ITB Shelby Dodge Charger
    Sponsors - Race-Keeper Data/Video Aquisition Systems www.race-keeper.com
    Simpson Performance Products - simpsonraceproducts.com

thats cool i am located in mid new jersey, i mostly go watch races at watkins glen and summit point and limerock occasionally. could you send me some pics of your shelby i think it is a really good car, good luck

sry for the cheesey part