Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Joey Hands wild ride...

I been looking at the triangle nets and you can get them with a buckle at the pointy end of the triangle so they are easy to release at that point.
    --
    James Brostek
    MARRS #28 ITB Golf
    PMF Motorsports
    Racing and OEM parts from Bildon Motorsport, Hoosier Tires from Radial Tires

regarding the requirement of timed exits, whether it is good or bad, from the NASA CCR:

"16.2.2 Emergency Exit Time
    The car must be setup to allow drivers to exit the car quickly in an emergency. Drivers
    will be tested from time to time to ensure that they can meet the specified time for exiting
    the car in the event of an emergency. The driver must demonstrate the ability to exit
    their car within ten (10) seconds by opening the door (for cars with doors) or formula /
    sports racers, and within fifteen (15) seconds by way of the window opening for sedans.
    Drivers must be wearing all of their required driver’s gear and be tightly belted into the
    driver’s seat when the clock starts. Anyone that fails this test may be penalized with
    penalties ranging from a fifty ($50) dollar fine to exclusion from participation until
    corrections are made."

i have releases top and bottom and hope i never have to use them. will have to look at a way to release the right side triangle net when i add that in case i need to crawl out the passenger side.

tom
    [/b]
    Charging drivers money because they can't get out w/in the specified time? WTF is up w/ that? It's a safety issue, not a revenue stream! If you can't get out in the specified time, you don't run. However, if they're not going to allow you to run, they do need to refund your entry fee.

$50 is a consistent fine for safety violations in NASA. I kind of agree - there is nothing more motivating to a club racer than cash. IMO good behavior modification.

Fines were handed out to three drivers recently at a MW event for safety items - like wearing cotton socks.

Until that event I had never seen it done at a NASA region. The point of it was not revenue for the region - the point of it as explained in the drivers meetings was that NASA has a national event this year and the CCR is to be followed not taken lightly. NASA National officials have gone to events for all the regions this year and has been hammering home that the CCR is not optional - for instance contact reports must be filed by all in contact for every contact. I am sure fines will be handed out at Nationals as well - the safety rules are not exactly difficult to understand and they should be followed at least to the minimum requirements.
    Ed.

$50 is a consistent fine for safety violations in NASA. I kind of agree - there is nothing more motivating to a club racer than cash. IMO good behavior modification.

Fines were handed out to three drivers recently at a MW event for safety items - like wearing cotton socks.

Until that event I had never seen it done at a NASA region. The point of it was not revenue for the region - the point of it as explained in the drivers meetings was that NASA has a national event this year and the CCR is to be followed not taken lightly. NASA National officials have gone to events for all the regions this year and has been hammering home that the CCR is not optional - for instance contact reports must be filed by all in contact for every contact. I am sure fines will be handed out at Nationals as well - the safety rules are not exactly difficult to understand and they should be followed at least to the minimum requirements.
    [/b]
    at my second nasa event ever (this april at mid-ohio), a driver was fined $50 for taking his helmut off while still on track and being towed back to the pits.

they were very specific that the $$ would be donated to a charity. don't remember but something like red cross, etc.

tom
    1985 CRX Si competed in Solo II: AS, CS, DS, GS
    1986 CRX Si competed in: SCCA Solo II CSP, SCCA ITA, SCCA ITB, NASA H5
    1988 CRX Si competed in ITA & STL