Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Summit Race reports?

Just because you're paranoid, it doesn't mean they aren't out to get you.

Got a very positive note on the subject from RE Gail Lorenz so I'm expecting progress.

K

Even Dave agrees

I guess it's just the safety worker in me that wants to keep the car between me and the rest of the track. I have had a car chase me out of a gravel trap once during a hot pull (I gave him back the gravel he placed in my pocket), it's no fun. Brian had his back to traffic and would have never seen the car he was about to become a hood ornament for.

When I mentioned rule #1 above, part of that is to keep something heavy between you and traffic.

Just a suggestion..
    [/b]
    Guys,
    Mr. Mushnick crawled out of the drivers side window( i watched him release the window net) and stood next to the exposed side of the car. All this while cars were coming at him at race speed (shame on them the yellow was out.). Not smart, but we will give him the benefit of the doubt because his bell was probably ringing.

Having worked as a flagger and worked with EV, I would have stayed in the car (unless it was on fire) until Rescue 1 arrived on the scene. Think about it, what if you are injured? Do you think releasing the belts and landing on your head is a good idea?

But I have a skewed opinion because I only roll cars for money.

Cheers.
    "dangerous" dave parker
    "Ignore All Confrontations With Common Sense."

Kathy Webb pics and the short version of our story are available from the link at http://it2.evaluand.com/gti/events06.php

K

WDCR got the results up on MyLaps at http://mylaps.com/results/newResults.jsp?i...81&highlight=26 if you are interested in seeing them...

K

Whom ever had a hand in getting those posted - thanks!

Matt

WDCR got the results up on MyLaps at http://mylaps.com/results/newResults.jsp?i...81&highlight=26 if you are interested in seeing them...

K
    [/b]

Glad to see that they got it online!!!

Now K the only question is who was driving on lap 147?

Raymond
    RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com

Now K the only question is who was driving on lap 147?[/b]
    Jeff "Sierra Hotel" Lawton!

This issue has been raised with WDCR T&S in the past but MyLaps doesn't provide proper reporting to National according to our T&S Chief who (as James points out) prefers a DOS-based program b/c it meets the "letter of the law". This is the same reason why they resisted Orbitz and Chronx b/c neither program properly recorded data according to the GCR.

I wonder if this is an GCR oversight (outdated language that has not been changed) or if every other region is using an "illegal" T&S system. It would be interesting to protest EVERY SCCA REGION except WDCR b/c their results aren't in the proper format - can you imagine the firestorm? :ph34r:
    Just follow the General Li - if you can't go thru 3 faster, at least you can do it "drift style" :eclipsee_steering:
    [/b]
    AMB is softwre for timing, T&S can dump that info into a third party program, or Excel or word and produce reports. They also can produce official results from it, unless there is a dsq, because SCCA does it different . Mylaps is purely for info and not an official race result source. The AMB data for the event is uploaded. Ever notice how many other series, worldwide were there, SCCA looks pretty small. AMB software is not illegal, other regions produce GCR compliant results through AMB or do an export to something. The NA of t&s and ntl office get back to every region that doesn't send in compliant results. Believe that t&s issues are being looked at for the GCR.

Any hints as to why the MyLaps (read AMB) system doesn't produce the right results?
    [/b]
    Mylaps is only a data source for driver info, not official race results. It does not claim to be the official race result place. that would be on either a divisional, regional or ntl web. Ntl is on discussion and then club racing.

Datadude your preaching to the choir here. However, if you ever have a discussion with our T&S Chief you will learn all that you have said is wrong. Believe me, its been asked, its why many of us just smile and knod.

PS- This has nothing to do with your response being incorrect, but in the eyes of T&S you are.
    --
    James Brostek
    MARRS #28 ITB Golf
    PMF Motorsports
    Racing and OEM parts from Bildon Motorsport, Hoosier Tires from Radial Tires

Datadude your preaching to the choir here. However, if you ever have a discussion with our T&S Chief you will learn all that you have said is wrong. Believe me, its been asked, its why many of us just smile and knod.

PS- This has nothing to do with your response being incorrect, but in the eyes of T&S you are.
    [/b]
    Think it is time for me to try and through my weight around.

[/b]

:figo:

ouch , just hurt my shoulder patting myself on the back!!
    Jeff L

ITA Miata

2010 NARRC Champion

2007 NERRC Championship, 2nd place
    2008 NARRC Championship, 2nd place
    2009 NARRC Championship, 2nd place

[/b]

We told Jeff "Cole Trickle" Lawton that he had a special set of tires on the car and he could do anything he wanted with them.......hence lap 147......

Way to go Cole...
    philstireservice.com 845-647-7407
    Hoosier/Toyo/Michelin/BFG Amsoil dealer
    Enkei Race Wheels
    Jongbloed SM Wheels
    Apex Race Wheels
    D-Force Wheels
    Race Tire Track Support NASA SCCA

We told Jeff "Cole Trickle" Lawton that he had a special set of tires on the car and he could do anything he wanted with them.......hence lap 147......

Way to go Cole...
    [/b]

hahahhaa... thats good Phil!

Bottom line is Jeff was fastest. What would happen if Jeff took the NX2000 for a ride? I wonder.....

Jeremy Billiel

Bottom line is Jeff was fastest. What would happen if Jeff took the NX2000 for a ride? I wonder.....

[/b]

Way to stir the pot Jeremy!! <_<

Those tires were good Phil!! But you&#39;tr tellin&#39; me they were&#39;nt special??
    Jeff L

ITA Miata

2010 NARRC Champion

Way to stir the pot Jeremy!! <_<
    Those tires were good Phil!! But you&#39;tr tellin&#39; me they were&#39;nt special??
    [/b]
    isn&#39;t that what makes the forums fun?
    Jeremy Billiel

...What would happen if Jeff took the NX2000 for a ride? I wonder...[/b]
    Daaaamn, Jeremy...looking to cause trouble? Hey, Jeff&#39;s a good driver, no doubtaboutit. Glad to have him as a friend and a co-driver in the enduros, not a competitor!

But...ask Jeff how many other times we&#39;ve driven together and how those came out...or how about if Greg took the Saturn out for a spin...?

I looked back at the mylaps data again this afternoon and have to admit that I&#39;m pretty pleased to see a 1:34.86 during one of my stints. I must have not been paying attention and got into 3 too hot... :P

Is it better to be consistently slow or inconsistently fast??

K

Daaaamn, Jeremy...looking to cause trouble? Hey, Jeff&#39;s a good driver, no doubtaboutit. Glad to have him as a friend and a co-driver in the enduros, not a competitor!

But...ask Jeff how many other times we&#39;ve driven together and how those came out...or how about if Greg took the Saturn out for a spin...?
    [/b]
    You guys know I am just playing with you. What you really should have said is "Jeremy, you damn rookie. You have no clue what fast is!"

Jeremy Billiel

But...ask Jeff how many other times we&#39;ve driven together and how those came out...[/b]
    Ummm, just once?? My first time in the car, first time at the track, and the difference was ........... 2/10s?? (smily added to make sure Greg knows Jeff is kidding, but knows that he will pay for the comments at some future point!!)

Is it better to be consistently slow or inconsistently fast??

K
    [/b]
    Yes, I did notice I need to work on my consistancy..... Thanks for subtly pointing that out!! :P
    Jeff L

ITA Miata

2010 NARRC Champion

Ummm, just once??[/b]
    Hmmmm, you sure about that? Didn&#39;t we share some cars at a PDA event once...

...knows that he will pay for the comments at some future point!!)[/b]
    Nah, not where you&#39;d notice...in advance...

Honestly, Jeremy, I don&#39;t mean to minimize Jeff&#39;s accomplishments; I&#39;d drive with him ANY DAY. But you have to realize that endurance racing is a whole &#39;nother can of worms. If each of us went out there and tried to crack off fast laps, especially in the middle of a 12-hour race, then we&#39;re playing with limits we don&#39;t need to be. We refuse to go out there at Hour 6 and try to "beat" our co-drivers with fast lap times. Instead, we set a race pace that is significantly within the confines of the car such to give us flexibility and longevity. My personal "success" is one where my laps times are a tight grouping with minimal deviation from a good race pace. If you want to judge endurance drivers, break out your statistical caculator and check for consistency.

I drove with a "team" at a 24 Hour race at Watkins Glen in 1991. Just before I got in for a stint a driver goes out for his. We watched him pull in fast lap after fast lap, dive-bombing into T1 like he was in a sprint race. When he finally got done he brought the car in the with brakes smoking and the car spent; we were still in that first afternoon. He had this big grin on his face and the first thing he noted was how much faster than his co-drivers he was. We were unimpressed, having just watched him waste the car for and hour-and-a-half. I was extremely unimpressed, especially when I lost my brakes going into the turn at the end of the back straight (this was before the Bus Stop Chicane was added.)

Ergo, note that in the 2005 SPR event I set the fastest lap simply by matter of coincidence: I was the last driver in the car. Further, I didn&#39;t do it until 11:45 PM or so, and only after our crew chief got on the radio and told us that our lap advantage exceeded the number of laps left and we couldn&#39;t lose, and to go ahead and knock off a couple of fast ones. I dropped about a second-and-a-half off my prior laps then brought it home for the beer.

That&#39;s the same thing that any of us on the team would have done.