The number one rule is to protect ones own keister...
Rule 2 is to protect any other workers keister...
Rule 3 the driver who you are responding to's keister
Rule 4 all the other drivers keisters..

After that all you have to do is wait 2 laps for the steward to decide to release the safety truck :angry:

If the workers presents at the scene won't add to the safety of the situation, then staying on the bank is the best place for them. When I arrive with the truck, I put 7,000 of metal between me and and the red mist still on track. A flagger doesn't have that option. Even if the driver was knocked out, he is still belted in and surrounded by a roll cage, the corner worker wouldn't be. The worker did just as he/she should have.

I only wish the driver had gotten out on the drivers side not the passenger side...
[/b]
Thanks for the explinations!! It always good to hear the story from the other side,makes sense!!

I know Brian said he was a "little" disoriented when he got out of the car. My guess is he had no idea which way the car was facing. Of course, the smart a$$ was coherent enough to take a bow and blow kisses!!

Brian usually has videos on his site, but I don't see it up. Any chance he posted it somewhere else? I am still trying to figure out what happened since I have not been to summit before.
[/b]
Turn ten is a faster corner leading on to the main straight. If you over cook it you go into a sand trap. Brian got a little side ways and being a VW with a high center of gravity...........