Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Freedom Regional

Yep, a really large stack of tires now protects everyone from the Evel Knievel jump. I think around 90mph or so at that particular spot for me. I guess MO's thought was that they would rather have you test your frontal impact skills rather than your flipping skills. I have to assume this will be fixed properly later on.

Fun weekend for me as well even though I pulled a boner 3 laps in to quals Saturday morning and stuck up to the axles in gravel at the end of the backstretch. Sheesh. Still not sure what happened, it just snapped on me. Never did it the rest of the weekend. Thanks to everyone for not duplicating my effort and smacking my car as it sat there the rest of the session. One of the ITE Porsches had me pretty nervous as he was pretty sideways a few times there. I had some issue picking up my points on track without the concrete, and I really don't have a very good feel for the track yet anyway. After starting DFL on the field for Saturdays race, had fun with Buddy and Phil, but never really set a decent lap. Best was only a 1:55 I think. It was really fun with Phil as his RWD line and my FWD line made for some interesting corners!
    Sunday was better in that I didn't dump it in a trap but still only qual'd a 1:55 (last years worn Kumhos were not really helping). Had a crappy start in the race Sunday and eventually ended up with no one around me after a few laps, so I took the opportunity to try some new things on track. T&S had me down to a 1:50 during the race so I guess I figured some things out. I'll be interested to see the mylaps data. Unfortunately my video did not run during Sundays race.

Ian, waiting to hear about what happened on the backstretch. That was nasty and you had us all pretty worried as we came by. That dust cloud was enormous. I couldn't see anything so I just followed the guy in front of me hoping he knew or would clear a path!

Kevin, I think I drank about 31.4 beers myself between Friday and Sunday.
    The thunderstorms and wind Saturday night didn't help much as my pup-tent felt like it was going to take flight!
    Steve Linn | Fins Up Racing | #6 ITA Sentra SE-R | www.indyscca.org

Steve: I don't know if Ian posts here or not, don't remember him. Matt spent more time with him after the race, helping get the car secured on the trailer.

What I caught of the conversation was that Ian was racing another car, Ian was on driver's right. He said that he thought he was clear and moved left for Turn Seven. But he was not, hit the other car, and turned ninety degrees right and into the world on driver's left. The other car ended nose pointing at Ian's driver's door, but did not actually hit him. Very lucky.

About the Evel Knievel jump (also known as the new turn-offs), my engine decided to act up along the back straight and I decided to park on the north turnoff. First thing I noticed is that all the guardrail in the vacinity is protected on BOTH sides with tires. The second was that flag station five was moved from the infield to the outside of the track, operating out of the Pro start tower. There are really not any good places to pull off there. Best you can do is stay left, pull off near a corner station if you can't make it to eight.

By the way, Steve, about your spin Saturday morning. As I was going down the back straight, Station Five was displaying a stationary yellow. As I approached the station, the flagger withdrew the yellow (or at least, turned the flag so that the flat side of the flag was not visible). When he withdrew the flag, I assumed the track was clear. What a surprise when I came over the hill and found two cars in China Beach! They usually leave the flag up for at least one lap, and I had not seen the incident before that. That may explain the Porsche.

Do you have any video at all of the weekend? I would love to see my car on the track from outside the car.

Well, got to go for now. Take care!
    Bill Stevens - Mbr # 103106
    BnS Racing www.bnsracing.net
    92 ITA Saturn
    83 ITB Shelby Dodge Charger
    Sponsors - Race-Keeper Data/Video Aquisition Systems www.race-keeper.com
    Simpson Performance Products - simpsonraceproducts.com

Ian does have some in car footage of the incident but it's up to him if he wants to post it or not. Luckily he was fine after that shot because it looked damn hard from the video. He was pretty sore all over yesterday but is feeling quite a bit better today already (he's one of my roommate's in case you didn't know, that's how I know all of this :P ). Right now the car is sitting in my shop awaiting a complete teardown for salvagable parts. It'll probably be this weekend or next and we're expecting to only have to scrap the chassis and the cage since everything else looks ok. It'll need one new wheel and maybe a shock rebuild, but that's pretty minimal all things considered. So does anyone know of any straight, not rusted out CRX tubs for sale?

Steve, on your tow home did you happen to notice a blue E36 M3, a maroon Impreza 2.5RS, and a white RSX-S going the other way just east of Dayton? That was me and some friends driving back from Indy. I even waived!
    Kevin
    2010 FP Runoffs & Super Sweep Champion
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    2008 & 2009 ITA ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

Bill, my stupid camera only ran for Saturday's race and Sunday's qual session (I guess it's good I missed my beach escapade Saturday morning). I haven't had a chance to review it, I'll see what I can pull off for you.

Kevin, I actually thought about you at one point when I was getting tired of counting red Ferrari's coming from the west. Sorry I didn't wave back.

And I never even got the chance to give Downing the finger all weekend...
    Steve Linn | Fins Up Racing | #6 ITA Sentra SE-R | www.indyscca.org

Ian, I have a line on a pair of second gen crx shells here in the Dayton area. I don't know anything about them, but the price is right(free or close to it!). Call me on my cell if you're interested, and I can go out to look at them for you. 937-671-0405.
    "I came, I saw, I broke"

Ian, I have a line on a pair of second gen crx shells here in the Dayton area. I don't know anything about them, but the price is right(free or close to it!). Call me on my cell if you're interested, and I can go out to look at them for you. 937-671-0405.
    [/b]
    Thanks, Shawn. I'll give Ian a call and tell him to check in here and with you.

Kevin, I actually thought about you at one point when I was getting tired of counting red Ferrari's coming from the west. Sorry I didn't wave back.[/b]
    Yea, there was definately a lot of nice cars driving down the highway around then. By the time I got into Columbus, I got into a caravan with three other E36 M3's, none of which knew eachother. It was fun!
    Kevin
    2010 FP Runoffs & Super Sweep Champion
    2010 ITB ARRC Champion
    2008 & 2009 ITA ARRC Champion
    '90 FP Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITA Acura Integra RS
    '92 ITB Honda Civic DX

Sounds like it was a great weekend, I had to miss due to a scheduling of a funeral for a Marine killed in Iraq. That is part of my job. How was the weather? It showed that it was going to thunderstorm through out the weekend. Glad to hear it all went well.
    Devin
    Generations Racing
    ITC Civic #12
    ITC Civic (Bro's ride)
    ITA CRX # 41
    Kart, Purple Plate # 21 (son's kart)

Finally got an AMB file. All files are posted on Mylpas.com. Go to Neohio and find the Cincy event. It is listed only as one event on AMB but it really is two.

Thanks datadue,

BTW, could you refresh my memory as to how they come up with the speed stat?

Pauly D

Speed is done automatically by the AMB system based on 2.28 miles the region used as the length of the course.