Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ITC Carb choice's

We run the Webers 34/34 DTMR, I believe and have excellent luck with them and after King setup the jetting, we have not touched them and run in all sorts of weather (WI)- from 30 deg F to 95 deg. We do get a minor stumble in long, left hand turns but it is not huge. Carb does load up if we idle for too long but this clears out by the first turn once on track.

As I understand it (and I am no expert), the 34/34 DTMR was designed for front wheel drive cars due to how the float boal is situated while the 32/36 DVG is for rear engine cars and will stumble more in the corners, again due to the float bowl design/location. I head rumors that King has solved the stubling with the 32/36 but have not had reason to dig further into this.

YMMV

Is it worth the money to buy a prepped Weber or just buy a new one and an assortment of jets? Pegasus has the new one for $420 something and the prepped ones for $650 or so. Any idea what prepped means?

Hoop:
    To really mystify you, I've been running stock Honda Civic Carburetor since I built the
    Car, Only modifications have been setting it up for Holley Jettings. Biggest problem has always been going too rich, which causes skipping and missing. Find a good HAL Meter and find out where you are running, and adjust accordingly.

Hoop:
    To really mystify you, I've been running stock Honda Civic Carburetor since I built the
    Car, Only modifications have been setting it up for Holley Jettings. Biggest problem has always been going too rich, which causes skipping and missing. Find a good HAL Meter and find out where you are running, and adjust accordingly.
    [/b]

Actualy, that's the set up my car has been running since it was built. As I'm likely to be broke by the time I get the new motor in, I will probably just take it to the dyno and change the jets.

Do you have to file the jets down to get them to clear the float door?
    hoop
    Greensboro, NC
    STL Newbie

Hoop:
    Yeah, works best if you can find someone with a lathe. Drill out the center of the head of the bolt with a just under 1/4" drill bit & use a 1/4x24 tap to cut threads - to get correct size drill bit, go to tap chart & follow recommendations for appropriate tap. Then chuck bolt into lathe, screw holley jet in and cut down to appropriate height - or get out file and accomplish same thing - make sure you mark jet size with scribe tool on face of jet for latter reference!!!