Greetings. Couldn't have asked for a better race weekend. Cool and dry. I wanted to salute David Toy, ITB BMW 2002 #58 with whom I duked it out lap after lap after lap. Good clean racing fun. I took him in turn 1. He took me in 10, I took him in 1. He set me up for 1, then backed off and let me back in front of him for a yellow flag. He finally took me in 1. Good stuff. I also wanted to salute Doug Kinser ITA MR2 #03. Yeah, I know you're disappointed you didn't kick my ass again on my old tires, but your rookie stripes are off now, so bring it on! Seriously though, excellent job. Chasing you down produced my best lap time ever. Kudos for Matthew Yip, once again staying calm after finding a missing lower control bolt was the cause of some erratic handling. DOH! With the help of some friends and a couple trips for parts, the General Li was back in form. Good to see you in my mirrors! Now I've got to figure out how to keep you there.
Don't forget to follow up on the DVD that's being offered of each race. The info was in the registration package. These guys are putting in a huge effort to make this happen and we should all support that effort. Here's an e-mail address for more info. [email protected]
AJ
ITA MR2 #55