Thread: 2nd GEN. BRAKE DUCTING

I have to replace the hose and inlet/collector on one side. I'm not sure what's stock and what's not but the inlet/collector piece that the hose attaches to is approx. 3" x 6" w/ angled 2 1/2" hose outlet. Frankly, it looks like a vacuum cleaner attachment. Does anyone know if this is a part that can be purchased? If so, where? What do you guys use? I assume it was original to this SpeedSource car.
    Bill Denton
    02 Audi TT225QC
    95 Tahoe
    Memphis

Bill, on my 1st gen RX-7 I use a part similar to the Pegasus part # 3626 for 3 inch hose that feeds Mazdamotorsports ducts that force the air to the center of vented front rotors.
    Have Fun ; )
    David Dewhurst
    CenDiv Milwaukee Region
    Spec Miata #14

Yea but that thing is 5.5" x 13.75"! The smallest they show is 3.75" x 6" and I may have to make do w/ that but it is not what is on the car now.
    Bill Denton
    02 Audi TT225QC
    95 Tahoe
    Memphis

My Speedsource built '87 has what looks like shop vac attachments, but they work fine and fit perfectly. They just drilled holes and used tie wraps to attach them. I have the 86-88 front bumper cover so the openings are smaller than the 89-91 version.

Steve

I'm not sure if he will like this plug or not but Syl confirmed to me that, yes, it is a vac attachment. He says it was from a yellow vac that Home Depot used to sell. I haven't been able to find it. It is not Rigid (Home Depot), Shop Vac, or Craftsman. I ended up patching the thing up w/ some roll aluminum flashing and it is good as new as far as function.
    Bill Denton
    02 Audi TT225QC
    95 Tahoe
    Memphis