In another thread in the BMW section, I saw this post, in response to a question posed. A bit off topic there, but wothy of discussion at this time I think.

Raymond,

IT is Regional-only for several reasons. Mostly it's due to a long-held view by some in our club that IT cars are not 'real' race cars. Couple that w/ groups of low-participation cars trying to protect their turf. You've also got some IT folks that feel that having IT go National will make them spend more money to keep up w/ those that have the money, and want to 'go to the show'. But, I'm not going to hijack this thread to deal w/ the Regional-only nature of IT.
[/b]
So..........

We have a new President, Jim Julow, who seems to think that we need to wake up and smell the coffee, so to speak. He's pretty open minded about the racing program.

We have a new class for IT proposed, and initial reports are that it is getting lots of favorable feedback.

Times are a changing in SCCA, so...........

Should IT be a category that has a right to run at the runoffs?

Open discussion here...lets not limit our answers too much by thinking that the current system (Regionals and Nationals has to remain as is forever...)

And a bit of current 'history'. The Runoffs has been, for years now, a 24 National class event. Well, SM is now National, which makes the event a 25 class deal. Thats a situation that is beeing solved as we speak. But it also means that any solution can be applied to more classes than just one. In other words, there is less reason now to have "national' classes limited to 24.

Thoughts???? Just blue skying it here....