Something to keep in mind, that I think a lot of folks are missing: no one - except maybe Bill, though I'm not sure - is proposing that IT be removed from the Regional program, just that IT be allowed to be added to the National program.

Nothing else will change, Regionals will still be there, likely with full fields...
[/b]

Greg,

I'm not propsing that IT be removed from the Regional progam. Not even close. I'm simply proposing that ITS, ITA, ITB, and ITC (and hopefully ITR) be allowed to race at Nationals. Hell, it doesn't even matter if you still call them Nationals and Regionals, the key thing is to get rid of the 'Regional-only' constraint on IT. And the more I think about it, that's really all that needs to be done. No need to change the name of any races, or any license requirements (although I think the current license distinctions are silly), just dump the 'Regional-only' restriction for IT. More than likely, Nationals will need to add 2 run groups to their schedule for a race weekend. If ITR comes about, those cars will more than likely slot in well w/ T1/2/3, and AS. Depending on field size, you can probably run ITS/A or ITB/C w/ SSB/C, so maybe only one additional run group might be needed.

This is one of the reasons I was looking for additional input on this, to see what the overall goal should be, and what we would actually need to achieve it.

Hey Dave, I just noticed that you're right around the corner from me. Where in Somerset do you live? I used to live on JFK Blvd. and now live maybe 15 min. away. Always looking for someone local to do some bench racing with and maybe share a few beers.