Unless you look at the used car ads in the back of Fastrack you don't even know there is an IT class, and remember the line a few years ago about not posting regional results, because they only have so much room and they only want to put info in that benifit's the most people. We have been a forgoten revenue generation device for the SCCA for a long time. Only very reciently, and because of alot of work by some IT drivers who have moved up in the system has there been any progress.
ITR, great, should have happened a long time ago.
Touring cars, GT, import tuning typecars, great, cars that people can identify with, that were built in the last century. When my son came to his first SCCA race he dident know what half the cars were in some classes because most of of them were made before he was born. My IT car is 20 next year, we need new cars.

There can still be regional and national, but we should be included in the national structure. If you want to move up, spend the money and race nationals. Even if I only raced regionals, I could try some nationals and see how I stack up, I could try and qualify for the runnofs and possibly go there. At least that option would be there for us to try. I would like to go to the nationals at least once in my life. From what I see on TV it can't be too hard, in most classes there are four or five real fast guys fighting for the lead, and then there is everybody else.
I think that one big reason this does not change is that it would make it more difficult to run a national event. You would have 3 possibly 4 more race groups. Nationals would end up like regionals with 9 to 10 groups, less practice and qualifing and race time. It would put more pressure on classes that dont' have the participation numbers.
At least there is some movement, a few cracks in the wall, I just hope it contunues.