Way to make an unsafe corner more dangerous, except for one race a year that is. [/b]
How exactly did they make is "more dangerous"? On the bottom of the downhill, they pushed the armco back. This allows some room on the bottom of the hill in case there's an incident or they know they are going in too hard some extra space.

Having a corner worker station on the top of the hill is absolutely necessary. Not sure if you're a driver or not...when on the track going up the hill, the track beyond it is blind. There are often times people who spin after the top of the hill, and the only way oncoming drivers know this is because of the corner workers.

Yeah, it might be nice if there were some extra runoff room, but if it were paved, don't think I (and most other drivers) would then start passing on the outside of that turn. In the end, I'm not sure if this would make things safer.

Personally, the changes they made at lime rock were much nicer than I anticipated. At least some effort to make the track better was made (regardless of the reason why it was done).