As a member of the CRB I guarantee you that we will consider it with an open mind. Be prepared to answer lots of questions, but SCCA definitely wants to address alternative fuels proactively.
[/b]
Not sure I'll be ready to run one in 2007, but I'd definitely want to be part of the process. You can email me privately with whatever questions you'd like and I'll respond to the best of my ability. There are ASTM specs for diesel fuel and biodiesel can be compared to those... I can even provide samples if you like...

For instance, we have looked at the VW diesels fairly closely, and already have identified about how much hp we think they can make in IT-legal trim (ignoring the turbo for now):[/b]
This is great news that people have already considered this. Exciting.... Does this mean that the TD's won't be initially considered then? The whole reason that this came up is that a friend of mine runs a turbo diesel rabbit in F-Street Prepared (Solo) under the "all A1's are on the same line" rule in the rule books. Very interesting car, very competitive... I know that IT classings aren't organized the same...

1.6 N/A - 70 hp/70 lb-ft (ITC?)
1.6 TD - 100 hp/150 lb-ft (ITB?)[/b]
These are the two I'm most interested in... I'd say those are fair estimates.

Any discussion on how the rules would view injection pump modifications? In reality, that's where a lot of performance is gained.