Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Jensen Track Outing Number Two

Ron I am right there with you....boy I can relate to your story as I am living it as well, my problem is that messed up my cyl. head. So I was thinking that I would build a to the limit ITB motor. But after pricing 9:1 pistons at ~$100 a pop, machine work, and all the little things to make an Opel motor "to the limit" and all the other stuff I found my self rethinking things. I have decided to keep running my MR2 in IT and move the Opel over to prod, that and I found a realy good deal on a motor. It will just be better and believe it or not simpler to make the car prod, sure there will be more work to it but I can do the work....and nobody will yell at me and call me a cheater for messing with some wires The motor will be more now, but the door is open to do so many more things. So it might be a while before old Spot streaches his leggs again.

But I will say hang in there, living with an odd ball is a labor of love, I can't tell you the things I have yelled when messing with a front transverse leaf spring. It is worth it. I got such a thrill out of people coming up to my car and telling me stories about their Opels, or other odd car...to me that is just fun.

Good luck and don't give up!!!

Sorry to hear about your engine, I feel your pain. My engine guy is building a Prod Jensen for exactly the reasons you cite, just easier to do motor wise. On my motor, it is IT limit maxed out for sure. It's .040" over, with everything done up right, so if it doesn't have the power to run in ITS we'll know it straight up. Leaves us to concentrate of chassis, brakes, and driving.

Odd cars are a lot of fun, but a lot of work. You've got two of them, the ITA MR2 isn't common for sure. Good luck with the Prod conversion.

My next car will be for ITR and I'll start that build in 07, once we pare down the stable and get rid of a couple cars.

R

.....My next car will be for ITR and I'll start that build in 07, once we pare down the stable and get rid of a couple cars.

R
    [/b]

Let me guess, odd roadster, it'll have to be another Z3

But then again, your love of Fords may be your downfall :P so it maybe a Taurus SHO. Am I close??
    BTW, good luck with the rebuild.

STU BMW Z3 2.5liter

Let me guess, odd roadster, it'll have to be another Z3

But then again, your love of Fords may be your downfall :P so it maybe a Taurus SHO. Am I close??
    BTW, good luck with the rebuild.
    [/b]
    Well, on the Ford forum I promised to build an ITR Mustang if they put those in the class, so, I suppose I'd do that (as did four other people - far more than any other ITR car, it'd have a following from the start). I don't think it'd be a winner, but it'd be a lot of fun, be reliable, and I already know a lot about the motor and car. And it'd be cheap, relatively speaking.

Too bad the SHO is FWD, and the other fast Fords in there like the Contour SVT. Friends don't let friends drive FWD cars.

If they don't put those in then I'm looking at a Z32. It'll be really fast, can win, and won't cost a huge fortune (again, all relative).

R