Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Rules nerds wanted

...I just think we need for people to stop w/ all this pseudo-clever, devil's-advocate, spurious interpretation and seek the intent of any rule in the context of the IT philosophy. ... [/b]
    ...and when the culture of the Club becomes such that this will work, I'll get back on the NERD wagon. Until then, if you come up with a magic wand to make it happen, wave away.

K

Seems to me that this car is probably legal, or gray at best. The stock tower structure is odd, and the solution seems in line...but it is definately something I can see reasonable men disagreeing on.

The rule needs to be written in such a way as to be efffective across a large range of physical realities...and allow enough freedom so that any group of cars that have a certain "Type" of structure are not excluded for a solution.

On the other hand..........leaving the rule open leads to simple stretching of the allowance by people who don't understand the goal and intent going in, or who flat out want to take advantage.

Alls fair in love and war, right??

Well, the system is larger than the rulebook, and to truely define what can and can not happen per car, it needs to be tested. That means a protest, and an appeal, or a paid for rules inquiry.

But we as competitors stop short, and decide to render judgements of our own. It's human nature...but we shouldn't complain until the system has had a chance to work.
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com