at the strut-to-bearing-carrier joint, and/or by use of
slotted adjusting plates at the top mounting point. If
slotted plates are used, they shall be located on existing
chassis structure and may not serve as a reinforcement
for that structure.
[u]Material may be added or removed
from the top of the strut tower to facilitate installation
of adjuster plate.

Would this constitute reinforcing the chassis structure?
[/b]
Looking carefully at the rule noted above, I see something that always steered (no pun intended) my interpretation of the rule-

If slotted plates are used, they shall be located on existing chassis structure

This always meant to me that you remove as little material as possible from the stock strut tower top, and then attach the camber plate *to* the top where the original strut mount was.

Also, in that case, the new plate CLEARLY adds strength and rigidity (the definition of reinforcment) due to its new location, attachment to adjacent structural pieces with attachment methods that are superior to stock, and the fact that the plate itself is of thicker material.

Again, that's just my interpretation, and since I'm not going to be part of an SOM any time soon, it's worth about as much as it cost for me to post it here (probably less).

That being said, if I lost to that car, I'd write a paper on that and the roll cage rear braces... Nothing personal, but I'd just like to know how some other see it, and I'm pretty certain I'd find at least a few others who were curious enough to join in...