I'm sure this has been covered in other posts, but now that people have had a little while with ITA Neons, I'd be interested to see the answers all in one place.

1. Any specific issues to look out for or be aware of?
[/b]
Front hubs (be sure to get ACR), front suspension bushings (watch the rule on spherical bearings), wheel/tire size limitations in rear (get spacers and long wheel studs), motor mounts suck, and I'm sure I'll think of more.

Oh yeah, the normal cold air intakes require slight movement of the battery, which isn't allowed. I'm working on a solution for that one...

2. SOHC or DOHC?
[/b]
Single cam as of right now. Better weight (DOHC is 200lb penalty) and better response to IT engine prep.

3. Assuming ACR SSC donor, any year better or worse? (Of course, you can back date/update some stuff)
[/b]
97-99 is all the same, while 96 and 95 have a few specific parts, so I'd build the later years for more availability.

4. How is the availability of stock parts?
[/b]
Good overall, but it ain't no Miata with $18 dealer fenders...

5. Aftermarket/Performance parts?
[/b]
On the decline unfortunately. Most MP parts are NS1 (no longer serviced) but most standard hardcore race parts can be made to work.

I'm looking at an inexpensive SSC donor that will be a license keeper/track day car but I am interested in the potential or limitations of increased levels of preparation.

Thanks alot.
[/b]
You should be able to pick up a 97 for a decent price since eligibility is running out. It would give you a year to play in SSC and you can begin the transformation in the meantime...

I'm in the process of building a 98 SOHC car, so feel free to chat with me about any issues (not that I'm an expert, but I have a little Dodge experience).