Agreed, but not in everyone's dictionary. In a perfect world, we desire to compete on an even field with everyone having a chance to win. In reality, we want to kick everybody's butt! That's when most feel they are competitive. Not necessarily correct, but still human nature. Most don't build a particular car to be simply competitive, but to dominate, if possible. We all won't to win as often as we can. Even that Schumaker guy has to have a helluva car to win. The best of drivers can't do it with a simply competitive car all the time.
[/b]
Well, good! That means the best drivers are winning.........

last I checked, that was the goal.

Jake,

.... I can't believe that you turned your back on your own car. I am running ITA this year just to prove to you ( and everyone else ) that a 1st gen RX7 can be competitive (as you said"on certain tracks not every track"). I guess I need to wait until they put my 97 Miata in ITA then maybe I will have a chance. But until then I'll do my best with what I've got.....LOL

... FYI ... My First three wins were against the ITA Champion ,Stan Hinds, Driving an RX3

... And don't be surprised when the 1.8 Miata takes over ITA. The writing is on the wall............. I'm ready.

... Just standing up for my car and myself ...

... Rick Thompson
[/b]
Rick! Hows the rebuild coming!? The pictures looked pretty invasive! If anyone can do that, it's you.

Yup.I left the RX-7 out of it. I figured I'd just pass on it as i own one. My post was more of a 10,000 foot view.

I have no doubts you'll win a few more.

Your wins against Stan...how'd you do it? In the braking?

Seriously - A is where it's at.

If the 2.0 16v GTI weren't as rare as hen's teeth, I'd have built one the instant they got moved to ITA. Since I got de-NERDified, I've harbored thoughts of just building a Frankenstein damn-the-VIN version out of the older, straight, rust-free $300 no-sunroof shell I see sitting whenever I go to my favorite Asian lunch joint, and the drivetrain from a crapped out, freebie '91 Passat. The "big" bumpers are the hardest part of the recipe.

Just let some NERD protest me. I know Greg won't but...

K
[/b]
Pssssssssssst.

plasma cutter.......
Tig welder
grinder...

Didn't hear it from me.