Thread: CRX - is it still competitive?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

We'll see come November.
    I think the car is as fast as ever for a few laps, thats all. And a few laps can't win races.[/b]
    Are you saying the car is dead in a 20 lap sprint?

The question is... If the CRX gets completely shut out at the ARRC, and a couple of them DNF for failures, will you guys re-visit the weight?
    I know the process is not supposed to be based on results, but results can surely indicate a flaw in the process... Agreed?
    [/b]
    I can't speak for the CRB but I would say no. If SE-R's (or insert your favorite ITA car here) get shut out and a couple DNF, you want their weight reduced or revisited to improve their potential ARRC performance for 2007??? Results can be used - only as a trend. And not if the prophecy will self-fulfill by no-shows, etc. (Meaning the top 3 CRX drivers from last year need to be there...same with ITS - if Chet doesn't show with his E36 and an RX-7 wins, it's a self-fulfilling prophecy for BMW guys)

Again, I hear you...but................
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

Are you saying the car is dead in a 20 lap sprint?

[/b]
    I'm not saying that *yet*.
    But if you put a gun to my head and made me give you an answer today I'd say "Yes, if its pushed hard it will fall off significantly over 20 laps."
    I'm basing this off of enduro performance and how it has fallen off there, even at a slower enduro pace. But I realize this is not exact. Its going to actually require an ARRCish race with a ballz out push for 20 laps to make the "no doubt about it" call, and I haven't done that yet.

But I'll say this, I have sort of a rep for being a guy that can keep a car under him for an entire race and be there at the end instead of burning the car down early, and my results have shown this.
    So if I have an issue, I'll go out on a limb and say its *probably* not me.

Add this to the premature brake, shaft, and bearing failures we've had, and well... You know... Things don't look so good.

Again, I hear you...but................[/b]
    I know you do.
    I'm just providing information. It may prove to be useless, it may not.
    I'm just suggesting you guys keep the performance of this car on your radar.
    [email protected]
    #22 ITB Civic DX