Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: June is up....

Stan, thanks for the clarification on the 300ZX, the Supra, the 328 and ITR/ITS. Glad to have you around.
    Jeff
    [/b]
    Yes, thanks. Being a indivdual that runs for cover when I hear a helicopter, I envisioned some Black Helicopter Crew voodoo brewing on the Supra in ITR.

Ron

Stan,

With all due respect, you sound like a veteran politician w/ that line.[/b]
    Touche!

Well in part I can see where the CRB is comming from. 100# over the limit, I can see allowing grandfathering. 500# over, no way no how could I see that as safe or sane.
    --
    James Brostek
    MARRS #28 ITB Golf
    PMF Motorsports
    Racing and OEM parts from Bildon Motorsport, Hoosier Tires from Radial Tires

On the cage thing - it always struck me oddly that this magic happened when the SPEC WEIGHT hit 2380lbs. Even though my MR2 spec weight was 2370, it raced closer to 2500lbs when I started out.
    [/b]
    The rules specify the cage tubing based on weight of the car. Not spec line weight.
    Chris Schaafsma
    Golf 2 HProd

AMT Racing Engines - DIYAutoTune.com

The rules specify the cage tubing based on weight of the car. Not spec line weight.
    [/b]
    I'm sorry...I don't follow that one. How do they determine the weight of the car and not the spec line weight? My grand rotundancy weighs more in my car than my sometimes codriver. How do they know that?
    Chris Harris
    ITC Honda Civic

Which is essentially spec line weight - 180# (avg. driver weight, but I want to know who they're using for that avg! )

I am under 180
    --
    James Brostek
    MARRS #28 ITB Golf
    PMF Motorsports

I am under 180
    [/b]
    I used to be, but I had to start eating again. The drugs and the anorexia were starting to take a toll. Besides...I like to eat and drink beer!
    Chris Harris
    ITC Honda Civic

Oh I eat well and drink beer, but I hit the gym 3x a week to maintain my coushined 175# (im 5'6" I should be like 150.)

So if I could cut back on the beer and go with the 10oz ny strip instead of the 14oz with a loaded baked potatoe maybe I can justify another 25# ballast in the car.
    --
    James Brostek
    MARRS #28 ITB Golf
    PMF Motorsports

I do the gym thing, too, but I've got 5 inches on you. At 170 (two yrs ago) my car was 5lbs over...dry. But then I started eating again. Last time I weighed us, I was told that if I came in under, they would have to erase my qualifying times. I thought I was going to hurt myself laughing!
    Chris Harris
    ITC Honda Civic

gotcha. no I actually was 90# under first school when I rolled on the scales. I got 80# in the car and run more then 1/8 tank of fuel when I get off the track. I will likely add a 25# plate for the glen and VIR, I didnt like how the car drove with nearly a full gas tank vs a half tank.
    --
    James Brostek
    MARRS #28 ITB Golf
    PMF Motorsports

The rules specify the cage tubing based on weight of the car. Not spec line weight.[/b]
    Not true.

Originally posted by 2006 GCR 18.1.6.D.
    Improved Touring roll cage tubing sizes are to be calculated based on the published vehicle weight minus 180 lbs.
    Which when you deduct a fixed amount from every spec line weight for tube size means that tubing is based on spec line weight.
    Ed.

gotcha. no I actually was 90# under first school when I rolled on the scales. I got 80# in the car and run more then 1/8 tank of fuel when I get off the track. I will likely add a 25# plate for the glen and VIR, I didnt like how the car drove with nearly a full gas tank vs a half tank. [/b]
    Ok - enough already :angry:

Those of us who have to carefully measure the amount of gas we start a race with so we finish with just a few teaspoons left officially hate you guys now. Geez, my left leg weighs more than you do James.

Btw, are you gonna be back together for MARRS IV?
    Earl R.
    240SX
    ITA/ST5

[/b]
    Quite the contrary, copy/pasted from the GCR:

D. For purposes of determining tubing sizes, the vehicle weight
    is as raced without fuel and driver. The minus tolerance
    for wall thickness should not be less than .010” below the
    nominal thickness. Improved Touring roll cage tubing sizes are to be calculated
    based on the published vehicle weight minus 180 lbs.
    "

Joel Whiteside
    SEDiv CFR
    ITA 1986 Toyota MR2 (comming soon...) (yes, still)

Never noticed that section of 18.6.D referring to the spec line weights. Why specify the recommended tubing for car weight ranges, and on the next page say that the car can weigh whatever you want for that tubing size that fits your spec line? Not sure how the ink on the page in the ITCS affects roll cage performance, but apparantly it does so more than the mass of the car :P. (and no this does not bug me at all, but I do find it funny)

So, I made the mistake of trying to apply logic to the rule, and believed that the actual car weight would be considered for tubing size. That would be why my last post made no sense.
    Chris Schaafsma
    Golf 2 HProd

AMT Racing Engines - DIYAutoTune.com

So, I made the mistake of trying to apply logic to the rule, ...[/b]
    We though you'd know better by now.
    Marty Doane
    ITS RX-7 #13 (sold)
    2016 Winnebago Journey (home)

I believe at its current status, studied and poondered enough the GCR will give someone a brain tumor or tracked to the cause of a stroke.
    --
    James Brostek
    MARRS #28 ITB Golf
    PMF Motorsports

Sounds like MR2 to ITB re-cage arguements are no longer valid and 1.8 ITA miatas could get weight without having to recage now? Wow, what a heap they've "stepped in"

note: my cage is built with the thicker walls...just in case...
    [/b]

Did I miss something?? There were only 6 letters for the change to the HNS ruling?? Were most of the letters in the May issue?
    Jeff L

ITA Miata

2010 NARRC Champion

2007 NERRC Championship, 2nd place
    2008 NARRC Championship, 2nd place
    2009 NARRC Championship, 2nd place

Did I miss something?? There were only 6 letters for the change to the HNS ruling?? Were most of the letters in the May issue? [/b]
    There were 12 in the May Fastrack - so a total of 18 of us have written in. By our (racer's) standards that's a flood, isn't it?
    Earl R.
    240SX
    ITA/ST5