Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: ITR Cars

I thought that the ITR introduction paragraph in Fasttrack said the list included Audi's. I don't see a single one on the list. Does anyone know what is up?
    A Race Junky from the Get Go......

I thought that the ITR introduction paragraph in Fasttrack said the list included Audi's. I don't see a single one on the list. Does anyone know what is up?
    [/b]
    We put it out there for flame bait!

Seriously, I'll check but I don't remember that in the proposal.

What Audis do you consider suitable for ITR or would you like to see? Remember, one of the core cars for this class is a 222hp Z car, naturally aspirated, as well as numerous BMWs >200hp, and some Jap FWDers with around 200hp at a light weight.

Ron

And turbos, and AWD are no nos.
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

I too thought the 190 hp FWD (and normallyaspirated) 2.8 Audi A4 was on there. I'll double check when I get back to Raleigh and have reliable internet access.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

maybe i can't see too well in my old age...did the REAL itr classification spreadsheet ever get posted anywhere? looking through the fastrack one shows some inconsistencies (like the z3 data) just looking for the real info.

thanks!

marshall
    marrs itr #64

My understanding is that the correct version will be printed next month.
    Jake Gulick

for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region

My understanding is that the correct version will be printed next month.
    [/b]
    no advance copy from the itr committee??????

It's probably pretty important that any further dissemination of info come from the powers-that-be. Having more, potentially different versions floating around won't do anyone any good.

K

Wow this is great news! Does anyone know when we may start seeing finalized rules, or at least a final list of eligible cars. I've wanted to build a Porsche 968 for a few years now but it would be overmatched in ITE.

The BoD will vote in August, and my guess is that it will be appoved, as 90% of what i read and hear is most positive, and the 10% is non categorical objections.

If it's approved, ITR will follow IT rules, except for wheel size.

Get that 968 out on the track in 07!!!!
    Jake Gulick

IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region

I'll try my best! Hopefully I can have it ready for late 07, but 08 for sure at the latest.

Zodiac illustrates the practical problem with "ITR 07" -- no cars. No one wants to buy a shell and get started at this point, with the class not actually approved. While a pro shop can build a car in a few months if ITR gets the green light in August or Sept., the reality is that most of us will have to spend a year finding a shell, the time and teh money to build a car.

So, BMW guys, looks like ITR is all yours next year. Maybe some other cars are easy converts? 944 S2 from PCA? Other 3.0 and 2.8 BMWs?

Zodiac, the 968 looks good for ITR (its on the list) but for the damned high cost of a shell. Still, I think it will make a fantastic race car. Where are you located by the way?
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

jeff, I see the issue with the ramp up, but I think if the BoD gives the okie dokie in August, the guys many northern parts of the country have a good six months.

Some cars can be moved up from ITS. And as you point out, theres "converts" possible from other clubs, like the huge cache of 944s, and Integra Rs. And in a new class, there's no crime in taking a car out thats not fully developed.

I hope we can publish good news after the BoD meetings.
    Jake Gulick

IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region

Zodiac illustrates the practical problem with "ITR 07" -- no cars. No one wants to buy a shell and get started at this point, with the class not actually approved. While a pro shop can build a car in a few months if ITR gets the green light in August or Sept., the reality is that most of us will have to spend a year finding a shell, the time and teh money to build a car.[/b]
    Certainly not too many are going to even start until the class is approved. But I predict that if it were announced that ITR would be included at National events in '07 and eligible for Runoffs in '08, that you'd get quite a bit of additional interest in '07 ...

I'm personally lobbying for this, as I don't think it does any harm* and it makes the class a possibility for those of us who like to run National races and the Runoffs. I think it would be good for the National community at large also, as it alleviates some of the concerns that have been going on in Showroom Stock and Touring.

* Yes, I've read the threads here with concerns that National status would bring big money to the class. But I just don't buy that there's a huge problem with that. Most National drivers I know don't spend a lot of time at Regional races, and in many regions, the cost escalations are already there. Certainly this class is already going to be more expensive than other IT classes just from the list of cars eligible.
    Josh Sirota
    ITR '99 BMW Z3 Coupe

Lobby away but it doesn't fit the bigger picture - or the rules - for ITR to go straight to National status in one year. There are guidelines for that process and they should be followed.

K

Zodiac illustrates the practical problem with "ITR 07" -- no cars. No one wants to buy a shell and get started at this point, with the class not actually approved. While a pro shop can build a car in a few months if ITR gets the green light in August or Sept., the reality is that most of us will have to spend a year finding a shell, the time and teh money to build a car.

So, BMW guys, looks like ITR is all yours next year. Maybe some other cars are easy converts? 944 S2 from PCA? Other 3.0 and 2.8 BMWs?

Zodiac, the 968 looks good for ITR (its on the list) but for the damned high cost of a shell. Still, I think it will make a fantastic race car. Where are you located by the way?
    [/b]
    Jeff,

I'd start the class at the beginning of the year, but I've got some de-tunning to perform. An example is I've had a drivers side head light assembly on order for a month now, and I'll also need a new hood as CRP won't fly, not to mention a new engine harness and computer amoung others. I could run but I'd be illegal as he!!, and don't want to start off with the rep of a cheater, so for me mid-season makes a lot of sense.

James
    STU BMW Z3 2.5liter

[/b]
    I'm located in Clifton, New Jersey. Though once I get everything ready I'd like to make a few trips to some distant tracks.......VIR, Mid-Ohio, maybe even Road Atlanta.

Hehe your right on that cost issue and to tell you the truth it will definitely take me some time to develop it to a point where it could be competitive.
    The reason is because like most of us I'm not made of money and on top of that my workshop space is VERY limited.
    I'm pretty much running this out of my garage with a bit of help from my friends.
    However the 968 is my favorite car from my favorite marque, and now I can race it in ITR, NASA Supercup and PT, and also PCA. Should be fun.

Lobby away but it doesn't fit the bigger picture - or the rules - for ITR to go straight to National status in one year. There are guidelines for that process and they should be followed.

K
    [/b]
    Agreed Kirk, but that camel got his nose in the tent a long time ago (see T3)!

It's probably pretty important that any further dissemination of info come from the powers-that-be. Having more, potentially different versions floating around won't do anyone any good.

K [/b]

A little bit of an understatement.