Ok, this has been hashed out many times... how to keep everyone legal??? I am not about to hash this out but rather proceed with a process that a group of ITB drivers agreed to at the last weekends event at Pocono. For whatever reason I am the most outspoken one so I am posting, but I certainly hope others post in the future when issues arise. Use this forum and "bump" it up in the future so we can be reminded when this process works...

The Process:

1) When known illegalities are found or known, inform the driver as a group that he/she has till the next event to fix it.

2) Post on an open forum (preferably this forum and thread) the illegal parts that are expected to be fixed.

3) Check at the next event he/she runs to be sure that he/she has fixed the known problems. - It is important that someone checks, not necessarily the poster or informer of the issues, as he/she may not be at the event. We can not ensure legal cars are running in ITB if people do not follow through with each side, the fixer and the checker!!!

4) If the car is found not to have been fixed a protest NEEDS/WILL be filed at every event their after until a resolution has arisen.

Now with that said, if a competitor has a legit reason for the illegal part (s) I/we am sure that we can be reasonable on extending the repair time, so long as it is not the reason the person is beating someone else. Example, if a competitor is running illegal shortened axles on a VW and he/she can not get it fixed for the next event due to financial constraints or mechanical knowledge constraints, we may be flexible, but please post on this forum any agreements that you may have so that legality is followed through in the end. This does not mean that anyone needs to follow those agreements (Someone can still file a protest if they feel necessary). Also FYI, any agreements WILL not hold up in front of the Stewards. Being a Steward (Clarification: Steward In Training, SIT) myself I never promote an illegal car, and if serving on the SOM I would view things differently, but since I will not participate on the SOM (corrected to not say steward) in protests among fellow ITB drivers (conflict of interest) I will support what the rest of the group as a whole wants.

I hope this process keeps our class honest and legal for everyone.

Raymond Blethen
ITB Audi Coupe #51

__________________________________________________ _____________________________

The first victum...

Marios Tinis in a ITB VW Golf:

Known illigal parts: (Removed supplier names as it is not relevant)

Shortened driverside axle
Solid front motor mount
Smaller than factory batery

He was told by a group of ITB drivers that we expect all repairs to be made by the next event. He was unaware of his illigality and was very understanding and willing to make the changes.

Raymond

PS: This is an example of a car/driver that has no effect on me directly, it does however have an effect on other drivers and the class as a whole, thus the need for everyone to post future issues/problems others find if it directly effect you or not. Lets all work together!!!