Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ITR PRoposal

I am most CERTAINLY bias because I am on the ITAC but here are my thoughts:

ITR will initially be populated by E36 guys who want to run unrestricted at a slightly lower weight. No more spending money to go slower. It will also be populated by Honda Challenge crossover guys in Integra Type R's. This will play out in small numbers while guys build car to there liking (Jake is a good example - a 944S2 in already parked in his yard)

ITS with thrive for two reasons - One, those who left when unrestricted and underweight E36's dominated the land will 'unpark' their cars. Maybe even some new ones will be built. The second is a pending change to how we set weights on FWD cars in ITS. These currently uncompetitive chassis will benefit from a catagorical change in process numbers lowering MOST of their weights. Example - the 1.8L GSR should come in around 2590. These changes should bring these cars in in numbers as well.

Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

Andy nailed it.

ITS was certainly considered in this concept, and Bob Dowie of the CRB was the first to ask about it.

I think ITS will be great...the process changes, plus peoples renewed faith that it's not a one make class will start bringing out new cars.

ITR will see some Acuras for sure. It seems the R types are very enthusiastic. Llets hope they like a hard fought battle!

I was talking over the weekend at Lime Rock to some marque club racers. They both related to me how SCCA is the "real deal"..you have to EARN your passes, and SCCA front running drivers are well respected. Hopefully, those that defected to the BMWCCA, for example, will decide to keep their feet wet in SCCA for that different flavor.

Time will tell.
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com