Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Building ITS car

DJ,

It's not just the length but the volume within the tube that helps. As the air is compressible you'd want the greatest volume to absorb the unsteady flow. What you want is a "stock" type air box with a long intake tube leading to the SIR at the end.

James [/b]
    James,
    I understand the reservoir principal and this was discussed. Althought you might benefit initially the amount of air the engine needs will give way to the restriction of the SIR. Problems like location & space complicate this, being a production vehicle.
    While testing Chuck actuall felt the intake hose collapsing in his hand as the engine speed was increased. So use a good hose.
    Dan

Adroitracer - welcome to this forum where a simple request for help and advice can rather quickly be hijacked and turned into a tit for tat about this car vs. that car.

Except for steering this poor guy to the GCR and telling him to get a fire supression sysytem do you guys have any other helpful info specific to HIS car? Maybe links to parts sources, BMW prep shopd in his area, other SCCA racer in his Division he might want to talk to at the track, etc.

Maybe these have been covered but I could not sift it out from all the SIR BS, HP ratings or e36 vs. Joe Blow's (insert model) race car.

Tom Sprecher

Adroitracer - welcome to this forum where a simple request for help and advice can rather quickly be hijacked and turned into a tit for tat about this car vs. that car.

Except for steering this poor guy to the GCR and telling him to get a fire supression sysytem do you guys have any other helpful info specific to HIS car? Maybe links to parts sources, BMW prep shopd in his area, other SCCA racer in his Division he might want to talk to at the track, etc.

Maybe these have been covered but I could not sift it out from all the SIR BS, HP ratings or e36 vs. Joe Blow's (insert model) race car.
    [/b]
    what, stay on topic for more than two posts? this is it.com, isn't it?

it would certainly help if adroit mentioned where in the country he is. didn't see it in his sig. it would be most useful for him to talk with a scca or bmwcca racer in person and go over their car. he has too many basic questions to handle on a forum.

I could of swore that the dyno numbers for the top running rx7's were 166 hp based on dyno jet numbers? Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
    [/b]
    My 89 RX7 did 180 hp - S5 motor 10/10ths prep level. Hopefully will be sold this weekend...SPO car is done and ready for some testing at LRP.
    BenSpeed
    #33 ITR Porsche 968
    BigSpeed Racing
    2013 ITR Pro IT Champion
    2014 NE Division ITR Champion

My 89 RX7 did 180 hp - S5 motor 10/10ths prep level. Hopefully will be sold this weekend...SPO car is done and ready for some testing at LRP.
    [/b]
    Come on Ben - Keep them both!! Just get a two car trailer.
    Rob Driscoll
    ITS 25
    NER

No can do! Too much $$ to run 2 cars - plus my trailer is brand new!

I thought the E46 was a good match - great races with Jeff in the rain. That car sounds killer. Results from Pocono are now up on MyLaps.

Jeff - hope the motor fix wasn't much $$.
    BenSpeed
    #33 ITR Porsche 968
    BigSpeed Racing
    2013 ITR Pro IT Champion
    2014 NE Division ITR Champion