Thread: Grand Prix Classic on DVD !

Thought some of you guys might like to know this....

It's Official!!!!

Warner Home Video has announced that John Frankenheimer's classic 'Grand Prix' will be released in the US on July 11, 2006 in a Two Disc 40th Anniversary Special Edition.

Special Features will include four never before seen documentaries and the archival film 'Grand Prix: Challenge of the Champions', taking viewers behind the scenes of '60s Formula One racing. The restored 65mm film will be released in widescreen format with a re-mastered Dolby Digital 5.1 soundtrack.

To reserve your copy of Grand Prix from the first shipment on July 11, fill out the Secure Order Form at www.PutGrandPrixOnDVD.com. Orders will be filled by The Motorsport Collector in Downers Grove, Illinois. All Major Credit cards accepted. We ship worldwide.
    All of you who signed our online Petition - more than 7,000 fans from more than 40 countries - deserve credit for convincing the powers that be to release this classic bit of racing history on DVD. You made it happen!

As of now, we are only aware of a US/Canada release date. We'll keep you informed of further developments via email or you can visit isit www.MotorsportCollector.com or www.PutGrandPrixOnDVD.com for the latest information.

Sincerely yours,

Paul Zimmermann
    Managing Partner, The Motorsport Collector

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

email: [email protected]
    phone: 630.515.1440
    web: http://www.motorsportcollector.com
    <div align="center">http://www.improvedtouring.com/images/IT_Sig.jpg
    Webmaster </div>

1966 I believe, I remember sitting in the front row center of the theater when this came out, those exhaust pipes!!! at the beginning were killer for this 12 year old race nut! I&#39;ve never been the same since!!

(can&#39;t hear chit)

David

Very cool! I sill like LeMans better, but this will certainly go in my collection.

Mark your calendar! For those who would like to view the movie before purchasing, Turner Classic Movies has GRAND PRIX scheduled to air July 15th at 5pm Eastern time.

But we&#39;ve all already seen it, right?

Bob Hudson, Atlanta Region

Bob Hudson
    National Steward