Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Who's Going to CMP Double SARRC & ECR

Nah Chris/Floyd, the whole thing was bent including the roof and the floor pan. There was no rebuilding to be done there.
    The drivetrain and part of the suspension was salvageable, so I basically sold it and all the spares as a donor to a new build up in Ohio.

And no, I do NOT miss owning a race car. Not one bit.
    I miss the car. It was a damned good race car. But I don't really miss the hassle of owning it.

OPM is pretty much the mechanic of record at this point, and the only sponsor is my wallet
    [/b]
    At this point... yeah.
    But I've already done more mechanicin' on that car than I'd planned to do for the whole year.
    And I do feel sorry for the sponsor's wallet, but you are doing it the "right" way in my opinion. I've always thought the sport was too expensive and too dangerous to half-ass things and cut corners in the name of saving a few bucks. My motto is "Either all the way in or all the way out."
    Christian is definately all the way in so far in 2006.

[email protected]
    #22 ITB Civic DX

But I've already done more mechanicin' on that car than I'd planned to do for the whole year. [/b]
    You and me both <_<

And I do feel sorry for the sponsor&#39;s wallet, but you are doing it the "right" way in my opinion. I&#39;ve always thought the sport was too expensive and too dangerous to half-ass things and cut corners in the name of saving a few bucks. My motto is "Either all the way in or all the way out."
    Christian is definately all the way in so far in 2006.
    [/b]
    Very true. Too much at stake to risk "cheaping out". BTW, I&#39;ve decided against using name brand pads for CMP... I found a set of front pads at the junkyard with over half the material left that we can use. After all, they&#39;re a wear item, right?
    Christian in FL | Something white with Honda on the valve cover...
    FASTtech Limited- DL1, Schroth, & Recaro Goodness
    LTB Motorsports- The Cheapest Place for Momo
    TrackSpeed Motorsports- OMP, Racetech, & Driver Gear

Call NASA. Maybe they&#39;ll go for the Spec Junkyard brake pad.

It&#39;d save money, so it&#39;d be good for the racers.

Scott = Setting the ball up on the tee for Floyd...
    [email protected]
    #22 ITB Civic DX

Call NASA. Maybe they&#39;ll go for the Spec Junkyard brake pad.[/b]
    I just got off the phone with Chris Cobetto... he said NASA was going to go with Cobalt as the spec pad
    but nobody would return their calls so instead they&#39;re going to require pads that are being supplied by the Automotive Dismantlers Union of America. Apparently they have a large supply and distribution network already in place so there shouldn&#39;t be any problems with shortages. Additionally, all pads will come pre-shaved (for competition purposes) and are budget priced at $195/set. <_<

Christian, who&#39;s kinda suprised Floyd hasn&#39;t already responded
    Christian in FL | Something white with Honda on the valve cover...
    FASTtech Limited- DL1, Schroth, & Recaro Goodness
    LTB Motorsports- The Cheapest Place for Momo
    TrackSpeed Motorsports- OMP, Racetech, & Driver Gear

I&#39;ll be there with the Silver Z on Sunday and the Monday CCPS. Jay Miller is entered with his 280Z. I&#39;m glad to see him back!

Steve
    [/b]
    Steve, it&#39;ll be good to see the Z back out on track, missed you at VIR. Good to hear Jay will be back as I&#39;ve not seen him since the Roebling day that took our Z.

You guys will have to fight off the British Invasion this weekend as it *looks* like the TR8 and the Jensen might actually both race simultaneously.

I think we&#39;re in violation of some sort of "Exclusivity Principle for British Cars" that states no two British cars can simultaneously run within the radius of the Lucas Electric Field (LEF). What this means in practice is that I&#39;ll have to follow the pack at a safe distance or the LEF collapses and both cars cease to exist.

Hope to run this weekend. If not I&#39;ll stand about, drink beer, and generally become a nusiance.

Ron

I hear Mr. Spillman may be there in his Z car as well.

Anyone going to be down on the test day Friday?

If not I&#39;ll stand about, drink beer, and generally become a nusiance.

Ron
    [/b]
    Hey Ron,

..... Come on by and pester me if you get a chance.

..... I&#39;ll put you to work like I did at VIR .... LOL

..... Rick .....

:P Let me boot that RX7 around CMP and you&#39;ve got a deal! LOL!

CMP is my favorite track so far from the only four I&#39;ve driven. If I don&#39;t get to race the JH I&#39;ll be available for work, well, maybe - there is another British car there that I might have to wrench on too! I&#39;m down here now, rainy, but should clear up for tomorrow.

Ron

Ron, how&#39;s the JH running?? No more fires I hope.........

what sort of times are you laying down?

Cheers, Mark
    90 ITA Civic - nearly complete
    91 Integra x 2 - TBD
    93 MR2 turbo
    03 Duramax
    08 MS3

I want to congratulate Jeff Young on his sunday race. While he went out early with brake problems, he did lead the S field for 3 or 4 laps.

CMP was a handful this weekend. 90 temps, 110 in the sun, made the track a skating ring. Ricky Thompson really tore up the track to win the A races. The sunday race was the ugliest thing I have seen in a long time. If anyone didn&#39;t have an "off" at least once, I would be amazed.

Ron and Jeff, great to hang out with you guys again. Sorry that you guys didn&#39;t have better luck.
    Tristan Smith
    1991 Nissan ITR 300zx #56

Amen Tristan. What a mess that weekend was. Slickest I&#39;ve seen that place in my short racing career. The A cars ran great both races, put us S guys (other than Steve E) to shame. Congrats to Tristan for a 2nd on Saturday, and a 2nd to Jay Miller (great to have you back) on Sunday in S.

Thanks for the props on the brief run to the front on Sunday. It only matters where you finish, so I have to sort out those brake issues.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

I passed Jeff&#39;s TR on the trailer as we were headed to CMP and he was headed home, on Sunday evening. It looked kind of, um, dusty.

We had a successful, if not terribly fast, ECR with Pablo Nuevo. 140+ miles on the highway each direction and the same amount covered during the 2 hour race, with only a swap of tires, removal of the camping crap, an oil change, and a couple of tablespoons of fluid through the brakes...

K

I heard that S was led by a british car for the first time this decade :P Great run for you Jeff until the brakes died. Can&#39;t say I wasn&#39;t happier by the pool Sunday. Did ya miss me?
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7
    ITR RX8 (under construction)

Let&#39;s see:

1. Dusty, hot, tired and going into turn 8 (leading) with no brakes v.

2. Relaxing at pool with cold beer.....

Actually, I&#39;ll take (1) above.

Steve, I like you, but I didn&#39;t miss you -- if you had been there, I would NOT have been leading...LOL. Next time I see you at the track, I promise my brakes will pass inspection.....

Kirk, missed you on the way down, sorry about that. Did want to see Pablo Neuvo Azure.......glad he ran ok. You running the ECR at Charlotte?
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

We&#39;ll get through the Summit 12 Hours in three weeks and then decide what&#39;s next. I&#39;d be up for someone renting a seat, to help make some more ECRs doable...

K

That was, without question, the slipperiest dry track I have ever driven on.

[email protected]
    #22 ITB Civic DX

Thanks for the comments about the track being slippery. This was my third race (first at CMP) and I just thought it was my inexpierence showing. I was able to turn my fastest laps to date during Sundays SARRC, and that with no offs. The track seemed even slicker for Mondays ECR. My times were two seconds slower, and I spun in turn 11 and 14. Overall I had a blast. I&#39;m looking forward to Road Atlanta In July.

Chuck