Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who's Going to CMP Double SARRC & ECR

Unfortunately my car is several months away from completion so I'll be there helping my Formula buds, cooking and drinking. Who esle will be there?

Tom Sprecher

The not so mighty Fiesta will be there on Sunday for the SARRC race. I have to work on Saturday.

Russ
    Russ

Unfortunately my car is several months away from completion so I'll be there cooking . Who esle will be there?
    [/b]
    Tom,

... Come and get me when it's time to eat......... LOL

...... Rick ......

The Jensen is coming back out to continue the development. New NASCAR radiator, large oil cooler, and Accusump - maybe it can stay on track long enough to do more than 4-5 laps. And no fires this time. Promise.

We will be there in the 944. Not sure yet which races we will be running... hopefully all of them. We have a new header, new rear torsion bars, new rear sway bar and some more added lightness. Probably same horsepower, though

1984 Porsche 944 ITS #54

Where is the entry form/link? I can't find it anywhere. I plan on being there. But gotta enter first!
    Tristan Smith
    1991 Nissan ITR 300zx #56

Tristan, if you find it or someone let's you know please post. I need to register too! See you there if all goes well with Jensen work.

R

Guys, I just checked the CCR forum. The run groups are set (Rick, Tristan, Ron, we are in Group 1, amen!). However, they are having a hard time finding a race chair and that is why the online registration has not been opened. Getting kind of late for these issues, but it is what it is....
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Yep, we'd sort of like to enter too.

[email protected]
    #22 ITB Civic DX

CMP Memorial entry is (finally) open on DLBOnline.com or a link thru CCR's website. I'll register after I get back from VIR this weekend...
    Butch Kummer
    Former SCCA Director of Club Racing (July 2012 - Sept 2014)
    2006, 2007, 2010 SARRC GTA Champion

We were planning to bring 4 cars for the ECR . However after seeing that the enduro is on Monday afternoon and we have a 12 hour tow back to Miami it just seems too much. As ECR competitors normally travel a lot it would seem to make sense to schedule the race earlier in the weekend.I have contacted the CCR RE to see if the ECR could be moved to Sunday or at least Monday morning to accomodate those who travel long distances.Hoping for a favorable outcome.

Paul Ronie
    Leira-Ronie Motorsports
    Miami , Fl

Well Paul, to add a counter point. I like that the ECR and ALL of its attached sessions are on Monday and the SARRCs are all done on Sunday.

Given that I'm only running ECRs, I don't even have to show up until Sunday night and I'm on my way back home Monday afternoon. ZFolks who just run SARRCS are done on Sunday and don't have to hang around for 3 days.
    Thats the traditional schedule for this particular weekend and I've always really liked it.
    [email protected]
    #22 ITB Civic DX

What Scott said. This is, for track time, by far the best weekend you can have in this area (NC, SC, Georgia). 4 races, 2 30 min, 1 45 and 1 1.5 for $500? That's a bargain.
    NC Region
    1980 ITS Triumph TR8

Unhappy

Anyone heard any update on registration? What's the deadline to get registration up and still have the race? Trailer is loaded and all set to go. I'm really looking forward to running at CMP.

Chuck

I'm definitely going to make this one, I like CMP a lot. Anyonw know anything about the test day? How much and when could I enter the track?

I was thinking of running the test day and showing up Thursday night and setting up, maybe sleep there, then run the test day Friday before doing my "testing" under race conditions and blowing a lot of cash. If the JH has issues on the test day I can maybe sort them or make the decision on running the race.

As long as I've been messing around on this forum I've still not run an ITS race! I'm hoping to do it that weekend in the JH!

Ron

Ron, The schedule is up on CCR's web page. Pre-race practice is a CMP track day. Contact CMP at 803-475-2448 or www.carolinamotorsportspark.com for pricing and info.java script:emoticon('', 'smid_16&#39

Hope to see you at the track

Chuck

Any Z cars running?

Well, registration is open. Kind of difficult, but ast least it's finally open. I registered for the SARRC and ECR.

See you all next weekend
    Chuck

My plan is to run the ECR solo. However, if there's anyone out there who'd like to talk about rental seats - either sharing for the enduro, or running SARRC or Carolina Cup races - let me know.

K

What Scott said. This is, for track time, by far the best weekend you can have in this area (NC, SC, Georgia). 4 races, 2 30 min, 1 45 and 1 1.5 for $500? That's a bargain.
    [/b]
    Sadly my friend, even at $500 I must concur that is a bargain. And you KNOW how hard that is for me to say. $2.99 is usually my limit.

Kirk that is tempting. But you don't want me in your car. Fire follows me whenever I drive a car that is new to me. It could be ugly.

R