a different installed height would be silly and would probably make you slower...it would be funny to see ya try though!!!
[/b]
A "drop" ball joint in the lower arm places the A-arm at a lower point in the curve. This is especially a big deal when you have a car that the A-arms go below horizontal when the car is lowered. Extending the ball joint puts the A-arm back down where it belongs, or lower... The result is that when you compress the suspension, the arc of the ball-joint travel puts it further away from the centerline of the car, giving you camber gain under suspension compression (a benefit most double a-arm setups already enjoy).

Point here is- write the rule, send it in, and see what happens.

Be aware though, it doesn't always work like you wanted. A while back, my friend (a poster here) wrote in for a similar type of issue. On the car we like to race, no accessory pulleys we made, and custom would've cost a ton. There was of course, an alternate crank pulley available. He wrote in after spending a LOT of time crafting the wording so that the new rule wouldn't give unintended gains to other cars. In the end, it was "crank pulleys unrestricted" and no mention was made about the other wording involved. Not sure how many of the current ITAC guys were involved with that one, or if the complete wording was ever even given to the ITAC to discuss...

The point is, people here can shoot you down real easy, but you won't really know unless you take a moment and try. I think the rest of the guys here are just trying to get people to really truly look at all the different ways that people could bastardize a fine rule. Lord knows I wasn't a "rules nerd" until I came here and got beat on.