Thread: what a nice day to be at marrs1

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thanks for not hitting me in the confusion, Earl. You did a nice job. I had a decent start from 26th, going forward a few spots and passing Doug in 4, but I'd also like to apologize for tagging Richard Ay in the 09 IT7 in turn 5 about halfway through the race. I think we were having fun racing until that event. We had swapped places a couple times and I thought I had the apex since I dove in next to him in the braking zone, but as we turned in I tagged his LR tire, judging by the black stuff on my RF bumper. Sorry about that. I might have been a little ambitious. Turn 5 was obviously looking for me that race. More good video, though. Also want to give personal congrats to Matthew Yip, whose great attitude (and determination and wallet) brought him from a major crash at the last race in '05 to the grid at M1 in the now Glow in the Dark General Li. The General has never looked better and he's right back up to speed. You are da man!
    Art Jaso
    Former 1989 Toyota MR2 #55 ITB
    DC Region SCCA
    DC Region Board of Directors
    Coordinator of Racers Helping Racers Fund
    http://www.racershelpingracers.com/
    PDX/TT Committee Member
    PDX Co-Chief of Grid
    PDX Chief Technical Inspector
    SCCA Pit Marshall
    SCCA Pace Car
    SCCA F & C
    Producer of "Racing Summit Point" Video
    http://vimeo.com/67177646

Also want to give personal congrats to Matthew Yip, whose great attitude (and determination and wallet) brought him from a major crash at the last race in '05 to the grid at M1 in the now Glow in the Dark General Li. The General has never looked better and he's right back up to speed. You are da man!
    [/b]

From the sidelines noone cannot declare that the past week it was nothing but blood, sweat, and a near shed of tears for matt to get back on the track. But there is no way you can miss that car glowing in your mirrors. I didnt even look behind me to give a point the inside of my car turned ORANGE so I knew he was there.

It was my first race, and man I have a lot to learn still. But at the same time I learned a lot, each time I am there I am able to find some valuable time and thats a great feeling. Another great feeling was how good it felt to keep pace with guys doing this a lot longer then me and even getting by a few. I just need to learn to keep my fustrations and aggresion in check so I dont start overdriving the car like I did towards the end of the race.

Till next time....
    --
    James Brostek
    MARRS #28 ITB Golf
    PMF Motorsports
    Racing and OEM parts from Bildon Motorsport, Hoosier Tires from Radial Tires