Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: It's May 1st...How's your SIR???

Well... Anyone have any input/info/results/dyno runs to share?

Whatta ya got???

Mark Andrews
    ITS '92 BMW 325is
    St. Louis

Well... Anyone have any input/info/results/dyno runs to share?

Whatta ya got???
    [/b]
    sorry, no results here. ran my last scca its race yesterday...off to bmwcca.

someone else brought an sir to the track. held it in my hands. it felt cold, dead....EVIL! ;-)

marshall

Well... Good luck Marshall.

What cams did you decide to go with?

BTW...Since you won't be running ITS anymore would you care to share your dyno numbers by PM (if you don't mind)?

TIA

someone else brought an sir to the track. held it in my hands. it felt cold, dead....EVIL! ;-)

marshall
    [/b]
    Mark Andrews
    ITS '92 BMW 325is
    St. Louis

marshall
    [/b]
    How many races have you run with this car in ITS?
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7
    ITR RX8 (under construction)

marshall
    [/b]
    Marshall, are you sure that was the SIR you were holding?

Dan, since I think it was yours, I hope it was your SIR

Mark Lapos
    ITS RX7 #23
    www.rpperformanceracing.com

Well... Good luck Marshall.

What cams did you decide to go with?

BTW...Since you won't be running ITS anymore would you care to share your dyno numbers by PM (if you don't mind)?

TIA
    [/b]
    decided to just run bmwcca in ITS trim (minus restrictor plate) for this summer. will change the car over next winter...unless it looks like the scca ITR class actually will happen.

will pm ya.

How many races have you run with this car in ITS?
    [/b]
    hi steve,
    two full MARRS seasons at ten races a season on this car. only missed one weekend i think.

will be down at vir for the sarrc/marrs event...running the same car in ITE. i must be a fool to do it though after the carnage of ITS running with GT1, GT2, ITE, T2 and ITE at MARRS 1 yesterday. sheesh, i'd rather run with the spec miata's...much more sane group. dj and i didn't exactly have a lot of racing fun, nor will the body repair we both now have to do be fun.

will be down at vir for the sarrc/marrs event...running the same car in ITE. i must be a fool to do it though after the carnage of ITS running with GT1, GT2, ITE, T2 and ITE at MARRS 1 yesterday. sheesh, i'd rather run with the spec miata's...much more sane group. dj and i didn't exactly have a lot of racing fun, nor will the body repair we both now have to do be fun. [/quote]

Marshall, VIR will be ok for you to run ITE. IMO. I'm worried again because of the SIR and what it might do to my gearing.

decided to just run bmwcca in ITS trim (minus restrictor plate) for this summer. will change the car over next winter...unless it looks like the scca ITR class actually will happen.

will pm ya.
    hi steve,
    two full MARRS seasons at ten races a season on this car. only missed one weekend i think.

will be down at vir for the sarrc/marrs event...running the same car in ITE. i must be a fool to do it though after the carnage of ITS running with GT1, GT2, ITE, T2 and ITE at MARRS 1 yesterday. sheesh, i'd rather run with the spec miata's...much more sane group. dj and i didn't exactly have a lot of racing fun, nor will the body repair we both now have to do be fun.
    [/b]

Marshall,

Which of the listed sanctioning body's rules does an ITS E36 conform to?

Marshall,

[/b]
    See You at VIR then. It can run ITE as an Ex Grand Am Cup or Ex World Challenge.
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7

NASA has the new PT class that IT cars can fit in. Not 100% competitive but not horrible either from what I can read into the rules.

Andy 'Fingers crossed for ITR" Bettencourt
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

See You at VIR then. It can run ITE as an Ex Grand Am Cup or Ex World Challenge.
    [/b]
    I understand that Steve, but does an ITS E36 meet the GAC or WC rules?

I understand that Steve, but does an ITS E36 meet the GAC or WC rules?
    [/b]
    You could actually do more in GAC as they allow seam welding. Stock tank is good as well as suspension and cage rules. World Challenge allows more in the way of cells and gutting but it is not required. I can see no problem with crossover. Our GAC RX8's are pretty close to IT with a few exceptions.
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7

I understand that Steve, but does an ITS E36 meet the GAC or WC rules? [/b]
    I
    T
    Everything

Marshall,

[/b]
    none. i planned on asking the ite rules committee to accept bmwclub racing as the sanctioning body. several others already run in that config. nobody seems to care. the new ite class rep is ed york, another its bmw ex-patriot. running a vette now, but definitely sympathetic to the bmw issue....

if someone in ite makes a stink about a ex-its bmw running with them (or beating most of them again) i will just say bye-bye to scca altogether (in this car). still toying with srx7 instead.

none. i planned on asking the ite rules committee to accept bmwclub racing as the sanctioning body. several others already run in that config. nobody seems to care. the new ite class rep is ed york, another its bmw ex-patriot. running a vette now, but definitely sympathetic to the bmw issue....

if someone in ite makes a stink about a ex-its bmw running with them (or beating most of them again) i will just say bye-bye to scca altogether (in this car). still toying with srx7 instead.
    [/b]
    Did you say RX7?? Walk towards the light!!
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7

Did you say RX7?? Walk towards the light!!
    [/b]
    damn, was hoping no one would notice that.....
    local srx7 crowd is doing the hard sell and even has a car lined up for me. actually drove one at the arrc last year. hmmm, let's see..i can put an sir (and make it work) in the bmw, or buy an entire srx7 race car for the same price.....

So... Has anyone actually TRIED racing with an SIR on an E36, or are you guys so afraid to have to actually compete with the other cars on equal footing that you have decided just to jump ship based on speculation and here-say???

Just thought I'd ask...

I'm curious as to how the reaction might have differed had we just made the car weight 3200lbs...

Something tells me NOT that much different...
    Darin E. Jordan
    Renton, WA

So... Has anyone actually TRIED racing with an SIR on an E36, or are you guys so afraid to have to actually compete with the other cars on equal footing that you have decided just to jump ship based on speculation and here-say???

Just thought I'd ask...

I'm curious as to how the reaction might have differed had we just made the car weight 3200lbs...

Something tells me NOT that much different... [/b]
    I just got off the dyno with the SIR , will be racing @ VIR next weekend with (legal E36) a lot of the guys that post here. I'm sure you get a full report.

Just thought I'd ask...

Something tells me NOT that much different...
    [/b]
    We have a double at Pocono next weekend - there are at least two E-36 attending. We'll see how it goes.
    Rob Driscoll
    ITS 25
    NER