Seemed to fit right in with the "I'm going to take my ball and go home..." attitude expressed in the trigger post...[/b]
Not sure I follow... there are E36 racers who are not convinced that the SCCA is taking the a proper direction with classifying the car. Isn't it a reasonable course of action to evaluate the venues open to the chassis and choose the one that fits best? Characterizing that as "I'm going to take my ball and go home..." seems to have more to do with how you're reading the statement than Marshall's evaluation of BMWCCA as the best fit for him given the current ruleset.

Exactly WHAT do you want us to give a rat's... about?? Are you suggesting that the SCCA hasn't been trying to do this the RIGHT way?[/b]
I have not suggested that -- if I've given that impression then I apologize, publicly. I have stated that I think SCCA chose the wrong path to address this performance disparity in ITS. There's a difference.

Look, I disagree with the path we have taken with the SIR. I think reasonable well-intentioned people can disagree on the right way to solve a problem... hell, I sometimes disagree with myself on the right way to solve problems. (I'll leave it as an exercise for the reader if I could be characterized as "reasonable".) My disagreement does not imply that you're a bad person or that I'd kick your dog if we crossed paths. What I am is someone who gets irritated when an ITAC member calls my position "bitching and moaning", a "woe is me sob story", and proclaims he does not "give a rat's a$$" about the members of a member driven organization. Strikes me that all that can achieve is to make those of us who were not the puppy-punters even more unhappy with the way things have gone.

It seems like you're reacting to the bad behavior of a few but lobbing verbal grenades into the masses in response. That's just the way it's reading from these cheap seats.

He was a great crew person, friend and above all a great person.[/b]
I think that's a terrific way to eulogize someone. My condolences to his family and friends. There will be plenty of time to talk about the SIR after you've had time to deal with this terrible loss.

tom