Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who's in for Pocono?

Maybe I'm blind but I can't find the Tech and Registration closing times for Friday night????
    I see the track closes at 9pm but what about tech & reg ?
    Bill Sulouff - Bildon Motorsport
    Volkswagen Racing Equipment
    2002, 2003, 2005 NYSRRC ITB Champs

Maybe I'm blind but I can't find the Tech and Registration closing times for Friday night????
    I see the track closes at 9pm but what about tech & reg ?
    [/b]
    http://www.nescca.com/registration/S...6-RS-163-P.pdf

Page 10 of 11.

Reg on Friday 7-9:30pm
    Tech on Friday 7-9:30pm
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

It looks like ITA and ITC might be moved to group 3 for the Pocono races - I'll give an update when I know for sure.

bp

Group 3, ITB/SSM/SSC has 30 registered now;12/16/2 cars respectivly.
    Group 5, ITS/ITA/ITC/SM has 53; 18/14/1/20.
    With the swap proposed above there would be 45 pre-reg in group3, 38 in group 5. Is this a better grouping?
    I would rather have all the IT cars run as a group and let the smash miatas demolish themselves (along with the ssc cars).
    The car counts would be the same (as of now anyway).

Dave Z

It looks like ITA and ITC might be moved to group 3 for the Pocono races - I'll give an update when I know for sure.

bp
    [/b]

I would love to race the Miata's for the overall lead, should I be fast enough... with ITA I would stand no chance, and in actuality I have always had a great time driving with the top Miata guys...
    RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com

I'm in.... but I have a questions. Does the $300 entry fee cover the sprint races and the Enduro?

Nope. The Regional is $195 for one day, $300 for both. The enduro is $300.
    Stephanie Funk
    <Couple of NARRC and NERRC bragging things here>
    HP Honda CRX in progress, ITB Honda Civic, ITA Honda CRX, ITC Honda CRX
    "Green Booger Racing"

Pre Race Count: 194 registered entrants!!!! Is that a Pocono Record??? seems to me like an awsome turnout!!!
    http://www.nescca.com/registration/current...asp?ID=38604353

Weather Report: Looks like it will be a great weekend, Cool with a slight possiblity of showers... If the track is dry, I see some track records coming...

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/18334

Looking forward to seeing everyone!!!

Raymond
    RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com

For those of you that have raced Pocono recently (I haven&#39;t raced there since 1992, although I did run at an HPDE there this past weekend):

- I see in the supps that camping is allowed in the infield; I&#39;m thinking of packing a sleeping bag and staying in either the van or the enclosed trailer. Can we stay in the trailer in the paddock, or do we have to go out into the infield?

- Either way, how hard is it to sidle up to someone and get access to a 110V plug to run a small heater for a few hours at night?

- Are we allowed to use the "ARCA Crew Lounge" showers, or are there some other showers for our use?

- Any other oddball restrictions?

See you Friday...!

GregA

For those of you that have raced Pocono recently (I haven&#39;t raced there since 1992, although I did run at an HPDE there this past weekend):

- I see in the supps that camping is allowed in the infield; I&#39;m thinking of packing a sleeping bag and staying in either the van or the enclosed trailer. Can we stay in the trailer in the paddock, or do we have to go out into the infield?

- Either way, how hard is it to sidle up to someone and get access to a 110V plug to run a small heater for a few hours at night?

- Are we allowed to use the "ARCA Crew Lounge" showers, or are there some other showers for our use?

See you Friday...!

GregA
    [/b]

Greg-

I didn&#39;t go to Pocnono last year so it may be different, but...

Pocono is not like NHIS and Lime Rock at night... It is a goast town within a 1/2 hour of the last race of the day it seems... No real "social" events, but that doesn&#39;t mean we can&#39;t make one!!!

We have stayed in our trucks in the padock, I think you still can.

Generally thr track staff has a bad reputation, but I think that has changed significantly.

The ARCA Crew Lounge has always been open when I have been thier, but be warned thier is no womans showers which is good or bad depending if it is your girlfriend who wants a shower or someone elses.

it is really a great event even with the above negatives.... I hope you have a great time, and be sure to stop over and say hi if we don&#39;t catch up with you first!!!

See you saturday morning!!!

Raymond
    RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com

[/b]
    Yes. Nissan NX2000&#39;s are not allowed to shift out of 4th gear during a race.
    Crazy Joe
    #01 ITA
    Nissan Sentra SE-R
    www.kakashiracing.com
    [email protected]
    www.kesslerengineering.com (Matt's the man)
    First non CRX at IT Fest 2009 2nd place overall
    2008 ITA NARRC & NYSRRC Champion

...NX2000&#39;s are not allowed to shift out of 4th gear...[/b]
    Oh, I see: one gear tied behind my back, eh? Well, if that&#39;s what it takes, Crazy Joe, that&#39;s what it takes...

Raymond, thanks for the info. I think I may take a chance on finding someplace to plug the heater into and camping on-site. I&#39;ve got no problems hanging out after the end of the day and enjoying company. - GA

Looks like the forcast has changed as rain is in the forcast now....

Raymond
    RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com

Ok time for the important stuff... The Saturday night party I am not driving all this way to not hang out with friends!!!!

Dave Zaslow-

What is that nice restaurant that you have recomended many times. I think it is an old mill building or something? I forget, its been so long. Maybe we should get together all the IT guys/gals and meet at that restaurant (Or another suggested one)? The one I am thinking about is a bit fancy for us racing hicks but well worth it from what I remember.

Dave can you post the name and address?

Raymond "Looking to make the weekend a bit more fun!!!" Blethen
    RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com

NO RAIN ALLOWED AT POCONO!

This event is going to have a great post race party on Saturday night. Last year there ended up being 2 parties - worker and driver. That was not a good thing last year and we&#39;ll have a humdinger of a party this year.

Greg - I know of a few crafty spots were power can be found - not sure if those outlets are still working. There are also some legit outlets but I&#39;m not sure what the deal is - I&#39;ll find out and see if we can&#39;t have some information available at the gate.

BenSpeed
    #33 ITR Porsche 968
    BigSpeed Racing
    2013 ITR Pro IT Champion
    2014 NE Division ITR Champion

Does anybody know if gas is available at the track? It didn&#39;t say anywhere in the supps. and Ive never been there before.

Thanks!

-Mark C.
    Mark Carpenter
    GGS Racing.com
    FP Integra #38
    ITA Acura Integra #17 --SOLD--

UNC-Charlotte and CT

Does anybody know if gas is available at the track? It didn&#39;t say anywhere in the supps. and Ive never been there before.

Thanks!

-Mark C.
    [/b]
    Mark, In the past there has been gas available at the track. BUT WATCH out for the EXXON Station at RTE 80 exit as they are .15 to .20 more per gallon than driving into Blakelee to the WAWA plus there is another Mini mart across from them. TW
    Tom Weaver: Logistics & Technical Support Manager IE truck driver for 1986 RX-7 ITS #63. "Diesel Haulin' Rotary" 2005 Dodge 2500 Quad Cab The Hemi has retired "Long Live the Hemi" Bill Weaver Driver- 2004 NYSRRC John Chave Award. 2006 & 2013 ITS NYSRRC Champion!. Truck Driver Named Glen Region Worker of the Year 2008.Located 45 miles southeast of Watkins Glen in Sayre PA.

Yes there is Sunoco gas at the track. I HAD to buy some last year, and it was expensive, like $6.00 a gallon for 93 octane! I can&#39;t imagine what the price will be this weekend.

Raymond
    We have been to the restaraunt before. It is the powerhouse. Perhaps Mr Feno will join us!
    Tom
    RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com

Looks like the forcast has changed as rain is in the forcast now.... [/b]
    "Racing" in the rain is just not fun, it&#39;s just something to be endured and survived...