Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who's in for Pocono?

Who's in for Pocono in 2 weeks? I'm going but I'm not sure what car or carsI am going to run. I may bring both the SSC car and the ITS car.
    John Costello
    2009 Northeast Division T3 Champion
    2010 Northeast Division T3 Champion
    King Motorsports
    Hoosier Tire
    Chase Cam
    Redline Oil
    YEA YEA YEA......I sold out and now drive an SM and get schooled on a regular basis!

As long as we have transportation for the cars we should have both Audi's thier in ITB for the sprint races and 1 car for the Enduro (stephen and I for the sprint race and Stephen and dad in 1 car for the Enduro!!!

Still never got an answer about the Enduro and its effects on the season points for the NERRC Endurance series... Not sure who to contact on the rules for that issue.

Raymond
    RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com

Looks like BBRacing will be headed down, but with only the 16 car. If anyone wants to rent space for their car in an enlosed trailer for the trip let us know, we'll be leaving the Boston area on Friday night and leaving PA on Sunday night. Anyone know about renting garages at pocono?

Hudson, NH, USA (work) Nashua, NH, USA (home)

The 3D Race Team will be heading to Pocono Friday Morning with our newly installed "SIR".

Deb

3D Race Team
    Driver: Dave Maynard
    Crew: Dan, Deb, Larry, Rick
    E36 BMW 325i (Red)
    #18 ITR
    2008 NARRC ITR Champion
    2008 Team DI Pro IT Series ITR Champion

3D Auto Works Inc

I think we will take a run down for Saturday only sprint race. Sunday is Mother's Day so family calls. You gotta love the chicane.

Tim Klvana
    203-240-1901

1997 EMRA Vanderbilt Cup TT ST-3 Champion

2002 ITC NERRC Champion
    2003 ITC NARRC Champion
    2005 ITC NARRC Champion
    2008 ITA NJRRS Champion
    2009 Pro ITA Champion
    2011 ITA NJRRS Champion
    2011 ITA NARRC Champion

CPM Motorsports Cars - '87 Civic Si - ITA #11, '86 CRX- ITC #11, '95 Integra - ITA #11
    [email protected]

Carol Miller, "Take A Breath"
    http://www.reverbnation.com/carolmiller

I'll be there for both days.

Does anyone have hotel information or details about getting a garage?

Thanks.
    Rob Driscoll
    ITS 25
    NER

Raymond
    What kind of times do the ITB and SSM cars run at Pocono? Looks like all the top guns in ITS are going to be there!!!! It's going to be really hard NOT to bring the RX7!!!!!!!!!!

John Costello
    King Motorsports
    Hoosier Tire
    Chase Cam
    Redline Oil
    YEA YEA YEA......I sold out and now drive an SM and get schooled on a regular basis!

Hi all ! Northeast Racing Enterprises will be at Pocono to provide all with Hoosiers and mount/balancing services for all tire makes - and, for any SM/SSM drivers reading, we now also carry the Toyo spec tire for Miatas! We also offer welding services and a cold beer or beverage of your choice at the end of the day!
    I'll also be racing the enduro Sunday with Dave Austin in our ITB BMW, to get out on the track and have some fun with you guys/gals! All work and no play makes for a cranky Smarty!
    See you there!

Robert Smart
    Northeast Racing Enterprises / Smartys Auto
    518-622-0329
    [email protected]

Raymond
    What kind of times do the ITB and SSM cars run at Pocono? Looks like all the top guns in ITS are going to be there!!!! It's going to be really hard NOT to bring the RX7!!!!!!!!!!
    [/b]
    Both classes are equal (or were last year) around 2 min flat, we will be hoping to get into the 59's or even 58's if we are on our game!!!

Should be very interesting battling it up with the SSM cars for top position... Surely they will gain a great draft from our cars, unfortunatly they probably wont help us much!!! I bet if we are quick though whatever SSM cars team up with us will easily break the track record in that class... we have HUGE erodynamic cars that will only help them...

Bildon boys, are we going to finaly get a rematch? Its been how long!!! I don't see either of you pre-registered yet... Enduro also?

Butch O'Connor what about you? havn't seen you in a while... Long time family hero, Miss ya!!!

8 cars pre registered for ITB, big turn out so far for ITB and Pocono...

Raymond

PS: Bob, don't forget my hat and I'll snag a beer also!!!
    RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com

Who's in for Pocono in 2 weeks? I'm going but I'm not sure what car or carsI am going to run. I may bring both the SSC car and the ITS car.
    [/b]
    I'll be there.
    Crazy Joe
    #01 ITA
    Nissan Sentra SE-R
    www.kakashiracing.com
    [email protected]
    www.kesslerengineering.com (Matt's the man)
    First non CRX at IT Fest 2009 2nd place overall
    2008 ITA NARRC & NYSRRC Champion

I'll be there for both days.

Does anyone have hotel information or details about getting a garage?

Thanks.
    [/b]
    If available - my favorite. I'll be giving up my 2 reservations on Saturday night.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g5...nnsylvania.html

Tim Klvana
    203-240-1901

1997 EMRA Vanderbilt Cup TT ST-3 Champion

2002 ITC NERRC Champion
    2003 ITC NARRC Champion
    2005 ITC NARRC Champion
    2008 ITA NJRRS Champion
    2009 Pro ITA Champion
    2011 ITA NJRRS Champion
    2011 ITA NARRC Champion

CPM Motorsports Cars - '87 Civic Si - ITA #11, '86 CRX- ITC #11, '95 Integra - ITA #11
    [email protected]

Carol Miller, "Take A Breath"
    http://www.reverbnation.com/carolmiller

Raymond
    It will be even more interesting than that I ran low to mid 59's last year at the August National!!!! I am PLANNING on going into the 58's so it should be a very interesting race!!!!!!! See you there
    John Costello
    King Motorsports
    Hoosier Tire
    Chase Cam
    Redline Oil

FOM will be splitting up again. Nick will be with the GAC program at Laguna while we are there.

Bringing:

Me in the ITA Miata
    Forrest in an SM
    Jeff Harding in his (Nick's old) RX-7. I expect him to be quick.

Acura's at the front in ITA (unless Greg shows up) and Ben and Rob at the front in ITS.
    Andy Bettencourt
    New England Region 188967

I'm planning on it, if I can find someone to be crew (will work for beer!)
    Hey, does anyone know what time Tech closes on Saturday night? I can't take off until I'm done work, so I won't be there until 8 p.m. or so. It doesn't reopen until 8:30 Sunday.I'd prefer to get unloaded, teched, etc Sat. night.
    Stephanie Funk
    <Couple of NARRC and NERRC bragging things here>
    HP Honda CRX in progress, ITB Honda Civic, ITA Honda CRX, ITC Honda CRX
    "Green Booger Racing"

FOM will be splitting up again. Nick will be with the GAC program at Laguna while we are there.

Bringing:

Me in the ITA Miata
    Forrest in an SM
    Jeff Harding in his (Nick&#39;s old) RX-7. I expect him to be quick.

Acura&#39;s at the front in ITA (unless Greg shows up) and Ben and Rob at the front in ITS.
    [/b]

Based upon my un-named laming race shop who doesn&#39;t think part of the job is getting the car done in time to race - I think there&#39;s a good chance I run in ITS so it&#39;ll be a very cool deal to see how the Mazda stacks up agains the SIR E36 and the pro-prepped E46 of Rob. If I bring the Mazda I&#39;ll run the enduro too.

Rob, tell Jeff to get those valves fixed in time!

Jeff will be all set by Pocono. See you there Ben!
    Rob Driscoll
    ITS 25
    NER

RR Guest

Does anyone know the track configuration for the Pocano race. ie- what are top speeds ITS

Raymond / Stephen;
    You are correct! Those big Audi&#39;s ought to be poking BIG holes through the air at Pocono..........and I will do my best to stay right in behind you...........until the last lap! See you there!
    Tim M
    PS: I just connected with Butch O&#39;Connor, and he and I are gonna run my little red beast in the Enduro on Sunday - looks like a great Enduro turnout in ITB
    Tim Mullen
    # 86 ITB
    2006 NERRC Champion - ITB
    2006 NARRC Champion - ITB

Does anyone know the track configuration for the Pocano race. ie- what are top speeds ITS
    [/b]
    The last time I was at Pocono (2004) I hit 145 on the Long Pond Straight. (E-36 325is) I believe we are usiing the same track configuration this year.
    Rob Driscoll
    ITS 25
    NER

Lets see looks like 4 of us. Steve M in F500, Gene L in Ita Nissan, Ed Z in the "DO NOT HUMP" Miata, Bill W with our first outing with ITS car. I hope the weather is as good as it was last Thursday at Pocono. 80 degrees slight breeze plus everything Held together. Also for any of the First Gen RX-7 Guys will have a set of Front Rotors and a Maxda comp Drive shaft for sale. TW
    Tom Weaver: Logistics & Technical Support Manager IE truck driver for 1986 RX-7 ITS #63. "Diesel Haulin' Rotary" 2005 Dodge 2500 Quad Cab The Hemi has retired "Long Live the Hemi" Bill Weaver Driver- 2004 NYSRRC John Chave Award. 2006 & 2013 ITS NYSRRC Champion!. Truck Driver Named Glen Region Worker of the Year 2008.Located 45 miles southeast of Watkins Glen in Sayre PA.