Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Daytona ECR

/\ Thanks Chris. I will try to find you guys. Are you setting up Friday evening or Saturday morning?
    [/b]
    We're going over to register and park on Friday evening.

But I'm sleeping in my own damn bed!

Oh the joys of racing at Daytona!
    Chris Wire
    Team Wire Racing ITS #35

www.themotorsportshour.com
    "Road Racing on the Radio"
    WPRK 91.5 FM
    wprkdj.org

"Tolerance is the last virtue of a degenerating society" - Unknown

Chris,
    We definately need to pit together. I hope I'll be okay but you never know. I might need you to jump in the second half and beat JunkTech to the podium

Oh, and everyone pray that my flight doesn't get cancel out here in Colorado Springs

Racecar: 1992 Civic SI ITA/H4 (SEDIV #24)
    Owner: Design Garage - for all you t-shirt screen printing needs
    Good Guys: LAMIN-X Protective Films - Discount Tire 407.275.8133 - C.W. Pence Rebuilders 407.831.8197

Chris,
    We definately need to pit together. I hope I'll be okay but you never know. I might need you to jump in the second half and beat JunkTech to the podium

Oh, and everyone pray that my flight doesn't get cancel out here in Colorado Springs
    [/b]
    I haven't talked to David about it, but I'm sure that we'll be trying to pit as many of us together as we can. That way we can share crew guys! I know those guys don't mind helping a brother out!

How did you do on the updates on the car? Think you got it? Know you got it?

I know you don't want to spend another weekend like you did at the Turkey Trot.

Just get on the 58 rear bumper and we'll take it to the front baby!
    Chris Wire
    Team Wire Racing ITS #35

WPRK 91.5 FM
    wprkdj.org

Bump for updates on practice & Q as well as race results.

/\ Yeah, race results! How did it go for everyone? My race ended on lap 4 when the drivers side axle ate itself. That made 2 axles in one weekend. Not bad work to destroy an axle in 10 minutes at Daytona! We packed up and left before the race was done on Sunday. I would like to hear from those that had better luck.

I saw Richy in the garage, Chris, where were you and Junktech? I did not see you guys in the paddock.

Russell
    Russell McMullan
    Orlando, Fl
    ITA #62 Sentra SE-R

From memory:

Flynn/Radloff Mercedes 190

Ira/Marvin 240 Z

May/Busler Rx-7

Finlay Rx-7

Witham Rx-7

Richards Rx-7

Darling Integra ITA

Vansteenburg/Vansteenburg Miata ITA

Arkajillian/Dana Rx-7

Thats as far as I looked.

Very clean race. Some hot tempers......no real damage.

The Junktech/Wire team was down a Junktech. Chris did the race solo. Not sure where they/he finished. Ronie/Liera in the x-Wilding 'teg were 3rd in ITA.

Marc Dana
    SEDiv
    Part time RR/AX
    #63 ITS Rx-7

Congrats to Evan Darling for his win in ITA.Strong 2nd place for Mike in the Miata including fastest lap , wow that car is ultra fast and well driven. Does not look good for the Honda guys the rest of the season based on that performance. We pushed our Acura to the limit but only good enough for 3rd. Better times were had on Saturday in the trusty old VW bringing home a hard fought win in the "B" race.Thanks again to all for a safe fun weekend.

Paul Ronie
    Leira/Ronie Motorsports

Thanks to everyone for a good clean weekend! Great drive by all!! Thanks Paul I had a blast! That Miata cant be touched at any place but there...I had nothing for him and had to use traffic and having help in the pits by you guys!! That miata just kept coming...I drove that car until there was nothing left. If there was 1 or 2 more laps there is no way I could have held him off. It just proves alot about that new car...can you Imagine how fast it will be when he finishes developing it??!! They are a great group of guys (Kip and Mike) and are probably one of the top car builders in the country...but that car was waaaay fast right out of the box...
    Evan Darling
    ITR BMW 325is build started...
    SM (underfunded development program)
    SEDIV ITA Champion 2005
    sometimes racing or crewing Koni Sports Car Challenge

Anyone know how Scott Seck did?
    Jeremy Billiel

Scott Seck was flying...i think he qualified abt 4th and was looking real strong. I heard he had axle problems late in the race...
    Evan Darling
    ITR BMW 325is build started...
    SM (underfunded development program)
    SEDIV ITA Champion 2005
    sometimes racing or crewing Koni Sports Car Challenge

Many thanks to all for a great weekend!

Certainly one of the more interesting weekends I've had at the track, but everything worked out really well.

Aside from some incompetence behind the wheel that caused me a spin and an unscheduled pit stop, I was able to wheel the CRX from 55th OA/19th PIC up to 23rd/8th. My own fastest lap didn't come until lap 28. I never would have guessed that. Lots of praise for the crew guys, Dave, Ken, Ray, Chip, Dustin, Jason and Pete. They nailed the pit stop and put up with my complaining on the radio!

I was glad to see the high level of courtesy and give-and-take out on the track. Even though I had good battles throughout the field all day, the car doesn't have one scratch more than it did when it got there. That's the way I like to go racing, and I have to thank everyone on the track yesterday for a thoroughly enjoyable race.

That was the first enduro I have done from start to finish, and it was easier than I thought it would be. Can't wait for the next one!
    Chris Wire
    Team Wire Racing ITS #35

WPRK 91.5 FM
    wprkdj.org

Glad to see you are back on the track, Chris.
    Gregg Baker, P.E.
    Isaac, LLC
    http://www.isaacdirect.com

Hi Chris,

I was in the Silver ex-Gonzalez CRX for the first half of the race. I had gotten up to 4th in class but spun it going into the bus stop (I'm still very CRX inexperienced... note to self, don't trail brake a CRX there) and got going again in the middle of your charge from the back. We had a little fun for a few laps, then I looked in my mirror and it looked like you might have done the same thing I did in the bus stop. You were back there, then you weren't.
    Sorry I was holding you up in the infield. We had Toyos on the car and they were giving us an AWFUL push in the hairpins, but the car was very good on the banking.

I didn't realize that Junkins wasn't in his car.

We would have done fairly well, maybe even top 5, but we had to change a half shaft and lost about 20 minutes. I think we ended up 15th in class.

[email protected]
    #22 ITB Civic DX

Hi Chris,

I was in the Silver ex-Gonzalez CRX for the first half of the race. I had gotten up to 4th in class but spun it going into the bus stop (I'm still very CRX inexperienced... note to self, don't trail brake a CRX there) and got going again in the middle of your charge from the back. We had a little fun for a few laps, then I looked in my mirror and it looked like you might have done the same thing I did in the bus stop. You were back there, then you weren't.[/b]
    Note to self: Listen to what Scott said! I did catch myself out while trail braking, when the car touched the curbing on entry, and shot me into a 360 - no contact though.

Sorry I was holding you up in the infield. We had Toyos on the car and they were giving us an AWFUL push in the hairpins, but the car was very good on the banking.[/b]
    Yeah I know. Been there, got the video! That car didn't have a final drive in it when you got it, I think you need to change it back! It was obviously killing you (me) on the banking!

I think I convinced Junktech that his motor is a little tired. She's been a good horse, though.

I didn't realize that Junkins wasn't in his car.[/b]
    David was going to race, but another opportunity came up and he decided to take it. More track time for me!

We would have done fairly well, maybe even top 5, but we had to change a half shaft and lost about 20 minutes. I think we ended up 15th in class.
    [/b]
    Sorry to hear about your troubles. Sounds like you guys should be proud of the effort regardless. You raced me clean and I had a great time.....can't wait to do it again!

Glad to see you are back on the track, Chris.
    [/b]
    Thanks, Gregg! It only happens 2-3 times per year so I have to enjoy it while I can!
    Chris Wire
    Team Wire Racing ITS #35

WPRK 91.5 FM
    wprkdj.org

Evan, congratulations on the win! Thanks to the guys from Irish Mikes for the help in the crew work. I was going to be a busy puppy doing it alone. Sorry I screwed the watch towards the end. I was so worried about that Miata closing so fast that I got confused pushing two watches and biting my finger nails at the same time. Good thing my hair's short, or I would've been pulling it out. Two more laps and it would've changed.
    Chris Harris
    ITC Honda Civic

[/b]
    Yep. Everything went really well all weekend long with the exception of the axle problem. Good news is that with the help of the guys at OPM we were able to get the car fixed and back onto track with a minimal loss of time

Evan, Congrats on the win!

Christian
    Christian in FL | Something white with Honda on the valve cover...
    FASTtech Limited- DL1, Schroth, & Recaro Goodness
    LTB Motorsports- The Cheapest Place for Momo
    TrackSpeed Motorsports- OMP, Racetech, & Driver Gear

Hey Chris,did you end up passing those two vw scroccos that were running ahead of you?
    i didn't race on sat. the motor didn't like the oil i was using and decided to spit it all over my car,so we loaded up during qualifing and watch most of the race.

Tim
    Tim Martin
    ITC VW RABBIT
    CFR

Only one of them, Tim. Sorry I never got over for beer, but the rain really screwed my pooch. I was in tech and was going to drop by to see what was up when it hit. Windows down on the truck and the race car. I spent the rest of the afternoon draining and mopping. Forgot to eat and just made it to the grid.

Missed the jetting on the carb and didn't have anymore with me...stupid stunt. Had a new carb, head, and headers to go fast, but the head decided to give me troubles. Couple of valves backed off and the thing wouldn't run over 6500 in fourth and cut out at every turn. Really frustrating.

Passed the orange one for second, but couldn't get the white one. I was running 3 seconds a lap slower than last August when the left CV joint died. It was a mercy killing. I don't know if I could've made it on the coffee and doughnut I'd had that morning.

I counted 5 axle problems with front wheel drive cars in IT on Saturday and Sunday.

Sorry you had problems. Hope to see you at Atlanta in July for the Pro, SARRC, and the ECR. I'll have the car fixed (I hope) and eat better. If not, I'll be back for the double SARRC in August.

Could you arrange for the traffic to be better next time? Took me 14 hrs to get there, and 18 to get back to Baton Rouge! Sleepy time tonight. I'll work on the car tomorrow.

Chris Harris
    ITC Honda Civic

Like everyone else, I fought motor problems all weekend. Driving a car with no vtec is no fun, especially at Daytona. I needed another race to renew my license so against better judgement, I stayed out there. When I get a chance, I'll do a weekend summary but in short, I had no power so I played with some Neons and ITS Porches (rear of the pack). Towards the very end of the race, I endup hitting the inside guard rail in turn one. There must have been some dirt cause the car simply snap into it. ...hey Chris, I'm going to require some your services After the wreck, the car still ran straight, brakes where fine so I did another 2 laps until the engine starting miss-firing. I finally called it quits after a hour and 15 minutes. The things I can take away driving this new Civic is that the brakes where there the entire race. Also, the handling is good, other than the "snap into the guard rail", the car is not that twitchy.

All in all, it was a good weekend. Racing is fun but when I get to spend it with my racing buds Nick Tenn, Chris Wire, Dave Junkins, Scott Seck, Dave Raymond and his crew, and last but certianly not least my brother Ray, IT'S ALL GOOD! I'm sure I miss a few of you so sorry if I didn't mention you.

...and one last thing, I'm very happy to see our ITA groups grow with a bunch of new faces and cars!

Racecar: 1992 Civic SI ITA/H4 (SEDIV #24)
    Owner: Design Garage - for all you t-shirt screen printing needs
    Good Guys: LAMIN-X Protective Films - Discount Tire 407.275.8133 - C.W. Pence Rebuilders 407.831.8197

hey Chris,
    I don't think i'll be going to RA.I hope my next race will be Sebring on June 3-4th,after that Daytona double Sarrc,funds are getting real low so i need to see whats close by,and running low on Vacation time..Sorry i didn't get by to see ya on sat. real bad weekend and was more mad at myself than the car.Was definittly time to go home and have some adult beverages!! Hope to race with you soo.Maybe the SIC. My wife has been talking about us going to that since i'm already elligable to go.

Talk to ya soon,

Tim
    Tim Martin
    ITC VW RABBIT
    CFR