Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Daytona ECR

All this talk about crazy fast 1.8 ITA Miata's and worthless ITS BMW's got me wondering. Whos' showing up for this next test? Remember, May 1st the SIR chokes the living daylights out of the 325's. The long runs of WOT should handicap the ITA Miata much like the last test provided it an advantage.

So who's gonna be there???

I will in the #00 ITS Rx-7 with Meno. I know Mike and Kip will be there in the Miata(s), A and S??? Wansley/Cohen. Caban/Cohen??, Seck??, Flynn??, Darling??, Ells??, Garcia?? Bussler/May??

How about you Steve E.?? Been a while since I've seen you. Bring that black beast down to our 2.5 mile dyno. Kent, bring that Jeff guy with you.

Its showtime.

And the Mazda goes hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
    Marc Dana
    SEDiv
    Part time RR/AX
    #63 ITS Rx-7

I should be there with the Teg...the mechanical stuff is almost repaired from Moroso but the body won't be...
    Evan Darling
    ITR BMW 325is build started...
    SM (underfunded development program)
    SEDIV ITA Champion 2005
    sometimes racing or crewing Koni Sports Car Challenge

We'll be there giving point-bys in our 1.6 miata!
    Bowie Gray
    ITA Miata

I'll be out there crewing, for the Mercedes under the control of Mike Flynn.
    Can't wait to "size up" the ITA crowd as my car will be ready in about a month or so (god willing). You can get an advance viewing of my hand so it will look familiar as I wave you by all next year.
    Joel Whiteside
    SEDiv CFR
    ITA 1986 Toyota MR2 (comming soon...) (yes, still)

We will be there in "Nemo" #94 ITS 240sx.

"Bosco" Logsdon

Mike Covello

talk about point bys...I'll be there with my slow ass ITC rabbit.
    if i was

if i was 4 sec. a lap slower at Roebling to the front running itc car, i should be at least 10 sec a lap slower at Daytona.Straight away speed kills me and my dieing rabbit!!

But i will be having a blast anyway.

Tim
    ITC #6
    Tim Martin
    ITC VW RABBIT
    CFR

Tim...few things in life are slower than my Honda. I was once accused of painting my car green...my response was "No, that's moss". I'll be there with bells on. This is one race that I have every reason in the world to miss, but just can't seem to. It's Daytona, it's Spring, it's too much fun. Gotta do it! Bet you a beer we have a good time. Besides, I promised you I'd be there.
    Chris Harris
    ITC Honda Civic

Yep
    Rob May
    I'll race anything....

For your viewing pleasure, the Junktech Racing #58 Honda CRX will be in attendance piloted by David and myself.

Looking forward to it with great anticipation. Haven't raced since Labor Day, need to shake the cobwebs off. Last enduro at Daytona in a CRX netted a podium finish. Hope to have a similar result this year. Big ??? is the extra hundred pounds layed on the Honda recently. Ironically I'm not getting any thinner so we may only have to add 50# !!!

If the current weather pattern continues, rain will definitely NOT be a concern.
    Chris Wire
    Team Wire Racing ITS #35

www.themotorsportshour.com
    "Road Racing on the Radio"
    WPRK 91.5 FM
    wprkdj.org

"Tolerance is the last virtue of a degenerating society" - Unknown

All this talk about crazy fast 1.8 ITA Miata's and worthless ITS BMW's got me wondering. Whos' showing up for this next test? Remember, May 1st the SIR chokes the living daylights out of the 325's. The long runs of WOT should handicap the ITA Miata much like the last test provided it an advantage.

I will in the #00 ITS Rx-7 with Meno. I know Mike and Kip will be there in the Miata(s), A and S??? Wansley/Cohen. Caban/Cohen??, Seck??, Flynn??, Darling??, Ells??, Garcia?? Bussler/May??

How about you Steve E.?? Been a while since I've seen you. Bring that black beast down to our 2.5 mile dyno. Kent, bring that Jeff guy with you.

Its showtime.

[/b]
    If I tell these guys that you gave me a ride in your ITS RX many years ago and convinced me to build one they will lynch you!! Really do miss racing with you but I have VIR the next week and the business keeps me plenty busy. I will make a Florida race later in the year just to see my old buds. Luck to all.
    Steve Eckerich
    ITS 18 Speedsource RX7
    ITR RX8 (under construction)

I think the #33 240Z of Guy Marvin & Greg Ira will be there.

Its showtime.

[/b]
    Yep, I'm there. But I'm leaving the 66 home for the weekend (the nitrous system still has some issues). Tentatively set to start the 57 car and I might finish out the day in the #20 TRG special.

Marc, make sure the tow hook on the back of the 00 is easily accessible, I might throw a rope out to try to keep with you.

It'll be interesting to see what the SIR did to the BMW's. I hope it's a good race all the way around.

see ya there
    Jim Cohen
    ITS 66
    CFR

hey jim you would have to wait a very long time to see carlos's bmw at daytona we will get creamed not worth the effort.he'll be there with the miata i think????not sure.
    on a HP track as daytona we don't stand a chance for a top 10 finish.
    steve saney
    it-7 /it-a #34

Both GBRacing cars will be there; SM 23 and ITA 24. Let's just hope the new ITA Civic has less issues this time.

I also know that Nick "the flying Hawaiian" will be there in the with the black ITA integra.

Can't wait to see everyone!

Racecar: 1992 Civic SI ITA/H4 (SEDIV #24)
    Owner: Design Garage - for all you t-shirt screen printing needs
    Good Guys: LAMIN-X Protective Films - Discount Tire 407.275.8133 - C.W. Pence Rebuilders 407.831.8197

Hey Chris...even thou we live in Daytona we are bringing the motorhome with us for our race on Sat....what kind of beer do you drink i'll make sure i have plenty around for you.
    and yes we will both be having a great time...i will never miss Daytona.

By the way putting in a new motor I picked up this week.not new but new to me...maybe that will help me out some.

Is it only 9 days away already!!

see ya soon , Tim
    Tim Martin
    ITC VW RABBIT
    CFR

Hey Chris...even thou we live in Daytona we are bringing the motorhome with us for our race on Sat....what kind of beer do you drink i'll make sure i have plenty around for you.
    and yes we will both be having a great time...i will never miss Daytona.

By the way putting in a new motor I picked up this week.not new but new to me...maybe that will help me out some.

Is it only 9 days away already!!

see ya soon , Tim
    [/b]
    Beer is a difficult thing with me and my crew. I drink Coors...heavy, crew drinks Bud, heavy and Sierra Nevada (or anything dark and expensive). Fortunately, the expensive beer drinker only drinks a maximum of two per day per event. That's why he's the designated driver.

If it rains, I'll be up in your motor home so fast that you'll think I came with the buyer's package!

Looking forward to it.

Chris Harris
    ITC Honda Civic

alright so you want coors and bud...not a problem.

hope we have no rain.

see ya next weekend.

Tim
    Tim Martin
    ITC VW RABBIT
    CFR

I will be there playing in the B race on Sat on the S race on Sun.

See you guys there.

Scott S.
    #38 ITS GS-R

I will be there playing in the B race on Sat on the S race on Sun.

See you guys there.

Scott S.
    #38 ITS GS-R
    [/b]

Scott, who's your "B" ride with?

Chris Wire
    Team Wire Racing ITS #35

www.themotorsportshour.com
    "Road Racing on the Radio"
    WPRK 91.5 FM
    wprkdj.org

"Tolerance is the last virtue of a degenerating society" - Unknown

B ride is in a 87 Honda Accord, Dave Loper recently picked it up from the Atlanta region. It won the ARRC race in ITB then put up for sell. I think it has a bigger motor (2.0) in it then my car (1.8).

Should be a fun weekend.

Scott S.