Thread: Old rule books

I am trying to get my hands on a copy of either World Challenge or Motorola Cup rules pacakges from the late 90's, back in the day that the 1.8l Miatas ran in those series.

This is to show that the car was elligble to run back then to allow it to run ITE.

Any leads would be appreciated. It seems it is not popular to hang onto rule books from races that went on 10 years ago (surprise surprise).

Thanks
    Matt

How about race results? They wouldn't be in the standings if they weren't legal.

http://www.grandamerican.com/ARCHIVE/Grand.../98dri_com.html

That rule is one of the sillier, by the way (he says, running the risk that people will get all pissy and bitch him out).

K

How about race results? They wouldn't be in the standings if they weren't legal.

http://www.grandamerican.com/ARCHIVE/Grand.../98dri_com.html

That rule is one of the sillier, by the way (he says, running the risk that people will get all pissy and bitch him out).

K
    [/b]
    The ITE rules seem to vary by Region. I've seen just about anything run in the MARRS series. I guess some Regions are stricter about cars having to have been former pro cars to be eligible. I honestly don't understand that. If somebody wants to run something in a catch-all class like ITE, and it meets the safety requirements, why not let them run?

It's even sillier if they don't require an actual pro pedigree (i.e. the actual car had to run in a pro race/series, not just the model).

There are certain allowances for cars that actually ran GA, CF body panels, and stock fuel tanks instead of metal fuel cell cans. But as Cal Club's rules used to state one actually needed to have the GA log book as in the car can't just be prepared to GA standards, it has to actually be a GA car and started a race as such. It's still in the supp rules, but on the message board there's a note from the comp commitee that states the new rules, DOT tires and IT safety equiptment. I understand this came from pressure to run fuel cells as ITE is in the same run group as GT-1 GT-2 in our region. If this is what your supp's say you'll need to log book stating your car was actually a GA car, not a rule book saying the car was allowed as a GA car, sorry.

James
    STU BMW Z3 2.5liter