Thread: ITT - Truck

Just curious if anyone here has built or is racing trucks in the ITT class? If not, does anyone know any websites with information or photos?

Thanks!

The ITT guy in the Atlanta Region is Fletcher Willliams. You can find his phone # here. Look under Board of Directors Information. I think there are 2 or 3 that race at Road Atlanta. Where are you located?

Tom Sprecher

I'm in South Carolina. I just bought a '88 Nissan truck and pondered making a wierd IT vehicle to rival my buddies and their odd-ball TR8, Jensen Healy, etc.

It's very regional, and very thin fields. A lot of work for not a lot of competition.
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

I think the class is awsome though, and those trucks are very very cool!!!

Raymond
    RST Performance Racing
    www.rstperformance.com

I drive the #21 ITT Nissan. We have three trucks that regularly run Rd Atlanta. Another is being built and a 4th is for sale and will hopefully be running with us soon.
    It's fun to run with Fletcher, the 1992 national Champion in DP in a TR-6. The trucks are a hoot to drive and will run low to mid 1:50's at Rd Atlanta.
    If you want to get a handle on it come hang with us at the June event. We'd be happy to bring you up to speed on what you need to do. The PRO-IT ITT truck rules are on the Atlanta Region website.

[attachmentid=388]PS: Thanks for the compliment Raymond!
    Auto racing, bull fighting and mountain climbing are sports. The rest are just games.
    Hemingway.

Do you have any more photos of your truck? Interior?

Also, any info on suspension and engine modifications/sources?

Thanks.

Here is the link to the truck rules on the Atlanta Region site. It explains in detail what you may do.

http://www.atl-scca.org/Documents%20Word/2...uck%20Rules.doc

The picture is from Barber Motorsports Park at the corkscrew.
    Auto racing, bull fighting and mountain climbing are sports. The rest are just games.
    Hemingway.

ITTdriver,

Thanks for posting the rules for ITT. About a month ago, a steward asked me to come up with a plan to introduce ITT in the Mid West Division. Up until now, I haven't had the time to devote to that task. But you have made it easier for me, thanks again. I haven't read through the rules yet, but are there plans on adding newer trucks to the list?

Phil Harris
    RE MidSouth Region
    National Scrutineer
    SIT
    Phil Harris
    MidSouth Region
    Memphis, TN
    1991 Mazda Miata

auto racing, bull fighting and mountain climbing are the only real sports...all others are games.
    -ernest hemingway-

About a month ago, a steward asked me to come up with a plan to introduce ITT in the Mid West Division[/b]
    Really?? Why I wonder would a Steward do that?
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Jake, I don't think its a big deal really. We were talking about it and at the time there was a truck running ITE in the regional race that weekend. The steward and I just struck up a conversation. Dunno, maybe he has a truck sitting in his backyard.

Phil
    Phil Harris
    MidSouth Region
    Memphis, TN
    1991 Mazda Miata

auto racing, bull fighting and mountain climbing are the only real sports...all others are games.
    -ernest hemingway-

Fireball Phil- Glad to hear that another region may get into ITT. The PRO-IT Series will be running at the Nashville track Labor Day weekend so come by and see our trucks. We'll have at least two there.
    They are a hoot to drive!
    Hemingway.

I like it fellows, don't give up!!!!!! I can understand why people would say "don't do it" etc. because it dilutes some of IT and maybe uses some energy that could be used somewhere else. But, I'm naive enough to say go for it and maybe if it runs similar laptimes to another IT group they could slip in there. The hardest to deal with are the comments I get over some cars I like/want to build, and you'll get these with a truck too - "It doesn't make a good race car". Too opinionated and generally not backed up with facts.

I get the distinct feeling sometimes that there are those in the SCCA, not necessarily on this board, that think race cars should be British, or at worst Japanese or German, and be over 25 years old minimum. Jeff speculates there might be seizures with some corner workers and stewards with the JH and TR8 on track at the same time. Rock on with your truck! Can I race my Lightning?

Nice picture too, too cool!

Thanks for the encouragement. The history of the race trucks is something that many people don't know. The log book in my truck is a who's who or perhpas I should say "wheres where" of famous race tracks. It was raced in a support race for the Dallas F1 event, Road America, Riverside, etc. Anyone who witnessed the original truck series remembers the incredible closeness of the racing. If they didn't invent bump drafting they sure perfected it!
    The series was also the start of some very successful careers. The Archer brothers were ice racers before becoming the Jeep factory drivers. Steve Saleen was the Ford team driver/owner and the Millens ran the Nissan trucks.
    In addition they are a total hoot to drive and other than poor aero on horsepower tracks they handle quite well. We run competitive times with ITC entries on many tracks.
    Build one and come run with us in the PRO-IT Series!
    Hemingway.