Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 1.8 Miata at Roebling

The point is this: Laps during a race in an enduro CAN be from cars that are light due to lack of fuel. Teams that enduro a lot know exactly how much fuel to take to the scales. That may mean running heavy at first and at target with little fuel or that may mean running light at first and finishing with more fuel - or somewhere in between. We all know that the ISC cars are prepped to the N'th and driven just as well.

And we get data that all the cars were under track records. What does that tell us? Was Evan the previous record holder? If not, how far off?

AB
    [/b]
    He ran for 1 hour before his stop...that says something about fuel...I was not the record holder...John Dean in the famous 325e was before at a 2:22.2xx.
    Evan Darling
    ITR BMW 325is build started...
    SM (underfunded development program)
    SEDIV ITA Champion 2005
    sometimes racing or crewing Koni Sports Car Challenge

What a bunch of freaking whiners. I am quite sure if the car ends up being to fast (not bloodly likely) it will get slowed down. Heaven freaking forbid a new car is classed that might be pretty good.

Jesus!

I am going to have to take a page from Greg Amy's book and check out of this site for a while. It takes all the fun out of racing.

Bowie
    Bowie Gray
    ITA Miata

Do you think your 1.6 has a chance? I am not against all Miatas, I just want parity. If I had a 1.6 i'd be lobbying for some change too...I could just go build a 1.8 myself, but I HATE car of the year stuff. THAT takes all the fun out of it. I get bashed for racing an Acura by many and am called a winer...I dont care. ITA has seen some changes that were needed. I hope some others build cars different than hondas and miatas for ITA and can win. The Neons have the motor and Im sure they can handle so there is no reason they cant win too just as many others can. Im sure if a new honda was put in the class and it was that fast heads would roll!
    Evan Darling
    ITR BMW 325is build started...
    SM (underfunded development program)
    SEDIV ITA Champion 2005
    sometimes racing or crewing Koni Sports Car Challenge

Something about wanting to make it easier for SM cars to cross-over (which I'm not sure is happening). [/b]
    It's happening here now, and will only happen more as the season goes on and guys figure out they don't have a snowball's chance of making the Runoffs and they get sick of running on Toyos.

Jarrod
    -----------------------
    Jarrod Igou
    ITR/STU BMW 325i, #92
    Des Moines Valley Region