Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Memphis Memorial Weekend Race

Memorial Weekend May 27/28, 2006 Regional/National/IT Tour SCCA club racingMemphis BBQ Party Saturday

go to MidSouth Region SCCA then go to "More Downloads"

Hope ya'll have fun :figo:

Phil Harris
    RE MidSouth Region
    Phil Harris
    MidSouth Region
    Memphis, TN
    1991 Mazda Miata

auto racing, bull fighting and mountain climbing are the only real sports...all others are games.
    -ernest hemingway-

Fun, fun weekend. Mid-South puts on a great event. I come down from Milw. and usually bring one or two other racers with me. Also get my dad and at least one other FL driver to come up. BIG time spread of BBQ food with all the fixin's on Sat. nite. If you're looking to spend a holiday weekend at a well run event, with helpful staff, this is the place.
    Milwaukee Region
    Member 289368
    #09 HP VW Golf

I'll be there. I've been there the past couple of years as crew, now I get to race! The Sat. nite spread is great.

Drew & Chris,

Thanks very much for the glowing recommendations. We are planning on a party that Saturday night. I just don't know exactly what this year. In May of 2005, "Elvis" made a grand appearance!

So let's have some good fun and some great racing.

Phil Harris
    RE MidSouth Region

:figo:
    Phil Harris
    MidSouth Region
    Memphis, TN
    1991 Mazda Miata

auto racing, bull fighting and mountain climbing are the only real sports...all others are games.
    -ernest hemingway-

Drew & Chris,

Thanks very much for the glowing recommendations. We are planning on a party that Saturday night. I just don't know exactly what this year. In May of 2005, "Elvis" made a grand appearance!

So let's have some good fun and some great racing.

Phil Harris
    RE MidSouth Region

:figo:
    [/b]
    Yeah, but that was a really scary Elvis, find a not so scary one this year. I know, just get Patrick to dress up like Elvis

Jude and I will be there with the ITA car as will Jim with the AS and IT7 car.
    Jennifer Rudder

PFM Racing

If Patrick dresses like Elvis, I may stay at home and send my camera with someone else. I'm old, have a bad heart, and subject to dying at the slightest moment of bizarre behavior. Wait a minute, this is right up my alley!
    Chris Harris
    ITC Honda Civic

Somehow I pictured Elvis to be taller then Patrick.....

Chris and Andrea will be there with both cars; I'm probably going to a dog show.
    Lesley Albin
    Over The Limit Racing
    Blazen Golden Retrievers

I just called Patrick and told him of the requests and he was laughing his butt off when we hung up. Somehow, I don't think it will happen.
    Phil Harris
    MidSouth Region
    Memphis, TN
    1991 Mazda Miata

-ernest hemingway-

bump ttt

Phil Harris
    MidSouth Region
    Memphis, TN
    1991 Mazda Miata

-ernest hemingway-

bump again

Phil Harris
    MidSouth Region
    Memphis, TN
    1991 Mazda Miata

-ernest hemingway-

again bump again

Phil Harris
    MidSouth Region
    Memphis, TN
    1991 Mazda Miata

-ernest hemingway-

I just called Patrick and told him of the requests and he was laughing his butt off when we hung up. Somehow, I don't think it will happen.
    [/b]
    That's because he is scared!!!
    Jennifer Rudder

PFM Racing

Well, since Elvis was there last year - and Bill Johnson won the "dance" contest - maybe we should have a different type of contest. Wet T-shirt, maybe?? We could allow the drag racers to participate, too!

Norm, we could possibly have that contest but you will have to deal with Sandy 'cuz I will be running the opposite way.

Phil
    Phil Harris
    MidSouth Region
    Memphis, TN
    1991 Mazda Miata

-ernest hemingway-

Norm, we could possibly have that contest but you will have to deal with Sandy 'cuz I will be running the opposite way.

Phil
    [/b]
    That&#39;s a fact! Two opinions exist there...they are using our track, and we are using theirs. I remember last year when they anointed us with the broken water pipe that baptised the entrance to the coffin turn. Good chance the party would be tense. <_<
    Chris Harris
    ITC Honda Civic

Sorry Norm, no wet T-shirt contest...

But ELVIS will be there!!
    Phil Harris
    MidSouth Region
    Memphis, TN
    1991 Mazda Miata

-ernest hemingway-

Elvis hasn&#39;t aged well at all! Those years of chocolate, peanut butter, and jelly have been rough!
    Chris Harris
    ITC Honda Civic

Sorry Norm, no wet T-shirt contest...

[/b]
    Good. I doubt if anybody wanted to see me in a wet T-shirt anyway. :119:

Good job, guys. Y&#39;all always put on a super race with so few people. I&#39;ve never gone to Memphis that I didn&#39;t have time...well, once, but that was in the rain when I hit the drag strip (note to self...scream). You guys are always helpful, courteous, and enjoyable to be with. Plus...nowhere outside of the ARRC, is there ever such good food at the party! Even there, we don&#39;t have that much! Cheese, Louise, I&#39;m glad I didn&#39;t ask what my weight was in impound on Sunday! I know it had to go up at least ten pounds from Saturday!
    Chris Harris
    ITC Honda Civic

Just got back late last night! What a great weekend, I love that track!

I had the best results of the season so far (2nd & 3rd), set my fastest lap time for that track and even passed a Corvette (shhh, don&#39;t tell anyone it was broken).

We got soooo lucky with the weather this time! Rained on the way down, rained on either side of us during Sunday&#39;s race and then rained on the way back... Had a few drops on the windshield durring the race, but not enough to make the exit of Grant&#39;s tomb scary.

Thanks for putting on a great race guys!

I was VERY dissapointed to hear that it will be the last of the season down there!
    - Pete
    {00=[][]=00}