Thread: Video Cameras

I am wanting to install a video camera in my car and have been told it will destroy your camera in a short time. Is there any suggestions on what mount to buy and does the vibrations destroy cameras quickly.
    Darryl Pritchett
    ITA #92 Dodge Neon
    2008 SE DP Champion
    2010 CFL Region ITA Champion

Well, IT cars shouldn't have enough vibration to desroy a camera, they are supposed to be dual purpose, right?

But in all seriousness, many people have run average video cameras for years without problems. Now, the vibration was enough to throw of the tape tracking when I had a video camera mounted which is why I went to a DVR based system. No moving parts and the prices have really come down, I think I spent less than $400 on my setup. Search this site for DVR Recorders and also take a look on the web at sights like www.chasecam.com

~Matt Rowe
    ITA Dodge Neon
    NEDiv

It might depend on where you race and how rough the track is. Down here we don't have a frost line and the asphalt stays in pretty good shape. Oh, yeah, stay off the curbing.

I used an I/O Port camera mount and there was not a whole lotta vibration going on.
    Tom Sprecher