Thread: Dual use IT car Racing/street

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I guess we are lucky in N.S. I break the motors in with a valid safety inspection and a D plate !
    We do run street legal tires in IT.Have not had he opportunity to converse with an officer of the law
    on one of these trips however.
    Derek

I guess we are lucky in N.S. I break the motors in with a valid safety inspection and a D plate !
    We do run street legal tires in IT.Have not had he opportunity to converse with an officer of the law
    on one of these trips however.
    Derek
    [/b]
    Preface: Any cop can find something to ticket you on if he/she is in the mood.

Have driven for numerous years in WI, no probs 60-75mi or so one way. Got pulled over by a state trooper once for not doing the turn signal at a stop light, but no tickets. I think he was just curious. Looked at the tires, but they had a coupple tread grooves on, and of course were DOT approved. Car passes full emissions testing (when the cat is on!) and sound when the 3-disc supertrapp megaphone (which also serves as it's own speed limiting device on the rx-7) is stuck on. Full numbers/stickers package. Maybe someday I'll get the collector blue plates on it so I don't have to get it tested every two years.

Even drove it back in second gear one time when the trans froze. Ouch, that was a long trip!

Don't know true legality of it though. Remember to tape the leading edge of your mag numbers!