Thread: Anybody try Hankook Z214's ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Just to clarify:

The Z214 is as fast as the S04.

The supposed "short life" was never a problem.

The Z214 is NOT slower than the Hoosier and does NOT "fall off" faster.

Most driver who employ proper tire managment get more life from the Z214 than the S04.

Here is a brief history of the Z211
    Z211 C30 was the original tire in 2003
    Z211 C50 was introduced at the Runoffs in 2004
    Z214 C50 and C70 were introduced in the middle of 2005

We are testing a replacement for the C50 Compound as we speak and should be introduced in the beginning of 2007. We may even have a few sets ready for the runoffs, so stay tuned.

If you can spend $15-30 less per tire on the Hankook and get some money back on the contingency program, I personally think it is a win-win.

http://www.hankooktireusa.com/contingency.asp

Jeff Koehler
    Motorsports Marketing Manager
    Hankook Tire America Corp.
    www.hankooktireusa.com
    [/b]

Jeff is absolutely correct. I raced at Summit this past weekend on the Z214's for the first time at MARRS IV and they are awesome tires. I qualified on pole, set fastest lap in the race and won ! I used Hoosiers for a number of years on the same ex-Grand Am Cup Integra but switched last year because of Hankook's awesome contingency program and their tires. I was tired of replacing Hoosiers every weekend.

Both the Hankook Z211's and the Z214's simply last longer. The set I raced on at Summit this past weekend were used at VIR a few weeks prior for qualifying and also had some prior test sessions on them. They must have had at least 10-12 heat Cylces by the time I raced on them this weekend and I set the fastest lap of the weekend in the race with only a few laps before the end.

Lastly, the guys at Hankook, Keven McDonald and Jeff Koehler understand grass roots club racing and are there to help club racers with great support. I raced on Hankook's for two years and plan to do so for a long time.

Regards,

Jon Kofod
    Marrs ITA #40

2005 12 Hours at the Point ITA Champion
    2005 East Coast Honda Challenge H4 Champion
    2004 East Coast Honda Challenge H4 Champion

www.flatoutracing.net

Jeff is absolutely correct. I raced at Summit this past weekend on the Z214's for the first time at MARRS IV and they are awesome tires. [/b]
    Jon -

Do you have a local supplier for your tires? I've paddocked next to Barry Brown (SSC Civic) at both MARRS I & IV, and he also swears by the Hankooks. I think he gets his from Vilven; I was just wondering if there was anyplace local where I could buy them and have them mounted.

Btw, congrats on the win!

Earl R.
    240SX
    ITA/ST5