Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2006 weight additions illegal per GCR

Personally, I think red white and blue 240s from Atlanta need a few hundred themselves. I mean, they just LOOK too good........

Seriously -- Tristan, you going to Roebling?
    [/b]
    Hey they added a hundred pounds to my car!!

My racing is going to be limited this year. Kathy and I bought a house about 6 months ago that is going to need a huge remodeling. So my money and time will be going into that project. I will be going to Kershaw for the Monster Memorial, and I'll do the July RA race. But thats about it.
    Some of you might remember my old ITB Datsun 200sx that I use to race. Well I brought that out to Barber last weekend for the SVRA IMSA RS Challenge Reunion. It was a lot of fun. Anybody who has an old 70's car that ran in that series needs to bring it out next year. A lot of fun and a where else can you see an AMC Spirit (besides Ed Forrest) race?
    Tristan Smith
    1991 Nissan ITR 300zx #56

Yup, just another whiney BMW driver. If it's so bad, why don't you go race with the BMW Club??[/b]
    Jeff --

Moving forward, will all comments on policy or rules be met with an encouragement to leave the SCCA or just those from BMW owners? Just wondering what I can expect. I'm not weighing in on the merits of Grafton's commentary either way, but dismissing him out of hand for the marque seems just like something a Saturn driver would do.

tom
    (a bit serious, mostly kidding)

Jeff --

Moving forward, will all comments on policy or rules be met with an encouragement to leave the SCCA or just those from BMW owners? Just wondering what I can expect. I'm not weighing in on the merits of Grafton's commentary either way, but dismissing him out of hand for the marque seems just like something a Saturn driver would do.

tom
    (a bit serious, mostly kidding)
    [/b]
    Arrrrgggg,I hate it when other people are right!!

One of the many flaws of mine, generalizing before I wait 10 seconds!!

I was just a little surprised that someone could possibly be a year late to this argument!!

From the snotty Saturn Driver :P

Jeff L

ITA Miata

2010 NARRC Champion

2007 NERRC Championship, 2nd place
    2008 NARRC Championship, 2nd place
    2009 NARRC Championship, 2nd place

....I was just a little surprised that someone could possibly be a year late to this argument!!

From the snotty Saturn Driver :P
    [/b]
    That's funny...

We got a letter from a competitor (In IT) that had a car that was at the VERY front of a very competitive IT race at the ARRC. He wrote that he had spent well over $30K on the car, and that it CLEARLY wasn't in need of weight, and HOW DARE us add weight, and how did this come to happen and on and on. He went so far as to say his car was worth only 1/8 of what it cost to build it. (I sent a check for $4500, but so far, no car has been delivered, and my check even included a little more than the 1/8 he says it's worth, LOL)

I read the letter and my eyebrows went up, and knowing the guy, knowing the people around him, knowing he has a son of internet age, and knowing that he's been actively racing for years now, I thought, "How can he be remotely serious?? Where has he been??"

It's not like the subject wasn't mentioned as official requests for input in Sportscar, or he doesn't know anyone in the biz, or that the internet is brand spanking new. Punch in "Improved Touring" into google (anyone heard of google??) and poof! There you go! A direct line INTO the minds of the rulesmakers!

What was even funnier, is that his car was one of two "poster cars" that showed the flaws in the system, if any cars were going to get a bit of attention, his was one.

Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com

Can't we all just get along?
    People have been trying to get the MR2 pushed down to ITB for quite a while now, but I'm glad it's in ITA.
    As I will soon be completing my first IT car (shared with Scott Branham); I'm looking forward to having a BIG challenge ahead of me. Even if I run at the back of the pack all day long, I'm gonna be out there having fun. I look forward to running with all the drivers/cars that are faster than me, just don't hit my rear bumper too hard as you lap by me

I guess my point is, don't be afraid of a challenge...what's a little weight to those of you on top of your game?

(please don't flame me for that comment, I'm just here to play devil's advocate)
    Joel Whiteside
    SEDiv CFR
    ITA 1986 Toyota MR2 (comming soon...) (yes, still)

Is there a limit to how much weight can be added to a car?

Or how often a weight adjustment can be made to a car?
    #69 ITA Honda CRX

Can't we all just get along?
    People have been trying to get the MR2 pushed down to ITB for quite a while now, but I'm glad it's in ITA.
    As I will soon be completing my first IT car (shared with Scott Branham); I'm looking forward to having a BIG challenge ahead of me. Even if I run at the back of the pack all day long, I'm gonna be out there having fun. I look forward to running with all the drivers/cars that are faster than me, just don't hit my rear bumper too hard as you lap by me

I guess my point is, don't be afraid of a challenge...what's a little weight to those of you on top of your game?
    (please don't flame me for that comment, I'm just here to play devil's advocate)
    [/b]

Interesting. Just curious, but why are you happy to be in A still? Lots of comments were saying the car would be better in B, and lots of commenters were saying a car like that didn't belong in B....still more objected to having to find 12 wheels.

Secondly, are you attempting to make min weight, and if so, how is it going?
    Jake Gulick

CarriageHouse Motorsports
    for sale: 2003 Audi A4 Quattro, clean, serviced, dark green, auto, sunroof, tan leather with 75K miles.
    IT-7 #57 RX-7 race car
    Porsche 1973 911E street/fun car
    BMW 2003 M3 cab, sun car.
    GMC Sierra Tow Vehicle
    New England Region
    lateapex911(at)gmail(dot)com