Thread: Nascar Bars

Can I add 1 hoop into the door if I have an already Side bar in the car. My CRX`s Cage bars are going to hit the door thinges if in the same place. Or Can I add 2 but tip it down to miss them. Or is there a Min that the two bars have to be apart from each other? <_<
    Scott CRXsi 89 NER ITA
    <span style="font-family:Impact">Scott CRX NER ITA #0</span>

Scott, at minimum as long as you have one door tube bent into the door cavity you are good to go. You may then clean out the main window glass & the other window guts.

If ya go to the SCCA site you will find the GCR (General Competition Rules) & then look under ITCS fo an IT car.

Yes to your first question. Yes to your second question. No to your third question.

The SCCA glossary defines a NASCAR bar as at minimum ONE tube that enters the door cavity. Within the GCR there is also a SCCA glossary.
    Have Fun ; )
    David Dewhurst
    CenDiv Milwaukee Region
    Spec Miata #14

Dave is correct. "NASCAR DOOR BARS" for our purposes is nothing more than one (1) bar protruding into the door.

You need not concern yourself with how far the bar protrudes into the door cavity (6 inches or 6mm--it does not matter) and for multiple bars (two will be required for each side as of 01/01/07) one can protrude and one doesn&#39;t and they need not be attached by any verticle bars. Likewise, they can "touch" at points along their length or be connected by vertical bars--the number of which can be any you like.

Cheers.

fwiw, this is what i did for my 1985 crx.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/tom91ita/det...77b.jpg&.src=ph

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/tom91ita/det...16b.jpg&.src=ph

the two bars are just touching the door beams. you can see the "beams" in the door in the photo where i was trying to convey that the two bars are right above/below each other. i then connected them together and then to the old lower bar that was part of the bolt in cage.

another reason for my doing this was to comply with Honda Challenge rules.

some have discussed in the rules forum here how much of the door you can gut. i took it above the top bar more than might have been necessary. but then i am part of the "if it says you can then you bloody well can" camp.

hope this helps

tom
    1985 CRX Si competed in Solo II: AS, CS, DS, GS
    1986 CRX Si competed in: SCCA Solo II CSP, SCCA ITA, SCCA ITB, NASA H5
    1988 CRX Si competed in ITA & STL

Thanks for the feed Back. Tom Nice Cage.
    So I can put 1 bar in the door as long as I have a doulbe bar that passes Tech. I have in the past so putting 1 bar in the door I can gut the glass and door. Right?
    Thanks Again
    Scott ITA CRXsi 89 #07 NER yellow few dents, a little dirty under the car. And Who has a real good header mine has some dents were the jack help dent it. Dooh.
    <span style="font-family:Impact">Scott CRX NER ITA #0</span>

Yes. That&#39;s what I did. Run the second bar into the door in order to be able to gut the door for the weight trade-off.