The problem with ITC is that no matter what you do, it's dying. No one builds cars off the showroom that will fit. The same was said for the production classes years ago, but they have provisions to put more current tin tops, and limited prep that's breathed life into the classes. We don't, nor do I feel we ever will, nor do I hope we ever will. Right now, most of the races I run, I'm the only or at least one of two C cars racing. I have to tow 8-14 hrs to have a class in SEDIV!

If you aren't building or driving an ITA car, you're peeing in the wind of obsolecence. The technology, the showroom, and the money's there. ITS is full of dinosaurs and large bank accounts. ITR or ITX or whatever is the only logical step. The factories and the competitors are there, but I wonder, given the current technology coming from Europe and Asia, how long they will want to back a 5 yr old car for a regional class.

Let those with large stock portfolios have a place to race their awesome 'mobiles...sure. I'm for it for several reason. Don't kill us old guys with old cars off, and spare me the sympathy shovels of dirt. It may take a lot of vacation time to travel for a race, but I can do that for a lot longer than what it would cost me to build a competitive car in the upper classes. I've heard all the price quotes and seen all the budget sheets. But I deal in real race world $'s. I throw $100 bills at my effort, and it's only ITC. I don't want to tap my 401K just to race.

Sorry, I didn't mean to hi-jack the thread. Just that some of the more recent comments hit a tender nerve. No offense, Evan. You're right.